Anyone watch the special about the Jackson family? It makes me so sad and, at the same time, mad. Although I was a huge fan of his music, I have to say I was not a big fan of MJ the person. But after watching his father, Joe Jackson, use this time to promote himself on TV, I have to feel sorry for all of the Jackson family. What an obnoxious slime ball! He's pond scum! He's slimey hot dog water! I've heard the stories about him being abusive, but the man is nuts. How can someone use their children like that in the name of love? It's more like the name of money. What an example of the evil of the "love of money".
It seems to me that maybe those three little children were the one place that MJ tried to get it right. My heart breaks for them. They are innocent and so vulnerable. Seems like MJ did try to give them a childhood in the middle of such insanity. He obviously gave them lots of love and attention.
The documentary brought out that Kathryn Jackson is already raising five of her grandchildren. What's that about? She seems like a nice lady and I know she has all of the help that money can buy, but that it is huge undertaking for anyone, much less for a 79 year old woman. She needs to be grand mothering, not mothering. She may be the only stable Jackson, but where are their parents? Are they too busy with plastic surgeons to take responsibility for their own?
And while I'm at it, there is Debbie Rowe. Her lack of a maternal instinct is just foreign to me. I just don't get her story. I deal with trying to help my sons understand their birthparents and not feel rejected, but she is a whole other subject. Probably good that they don't have much of a relationship with her. How do you make sense of that one? Years of intense therapy ahead.
Once again, children have fallen victim to selfishness, narcissism and ignorance. It happens every day to the famous and the not so famous. I feel ashamed of all the times that I have taken for granted or not been thankful enough for my own children and also to have had imperfect parents that loved me dearly.
Of course, if you use Joe Jackson as the measure....I'm a fabulous parent!
Hug your kids.
Later.
5 comments:
I was afraid it was going to be all self promotion... that's why I didn't bother watching it. I'm sure from your years working in a school you can see how kids turn out or act certain ways not necessarily because that's the way they were born, but b/c that's the way they were conditioned. Cause and effect, baby.... cause and effect. It's almost become generational. Stop the madness!
I have managed to avoid all the MJ hype until last night's special. My son turned it on while I was on my computer.
The man is astonishingly selfish and greedy. How much do you suppose he was paid for his appearance in this special in which no other family member appeared?
This whole mess is going to weigh heaviest on those poor kids, whose mother was nothing more than a surrogate. Gotta pray for those children.
I didn't watch it. After I saw Joe Jackson on the red carpet at the BET awards promoting his new record company, well, anything Jackson, I'm steering away from.
My 91 year old grandma is raising one of her grandkids. Yeah. Don't get me started...
Well I guess I am busted for watching sensationalized TV. After last night, maybe I need to stay clear. I have enough drama.
Jomama - Had a little thought about your last post. Did you see it?
I did.... I was once told when I was dreaming in Spanish and waking up speaking it then I was ready to speak in public. I laughed, and walked away.
Post a Comment