I have to admit that there have been several times in 26-1/2 years of marriage that the thought of sending my husband packing didn't sound all that bad. Thank goodness we never got to that point (just right up to it). Today, we have started that process and I don't like it at all. It seems so strange to pack a box with the coffee grinder and his favorite coffee beans; go through the pantry for easy to fix things that he would like; put in his favorite throw to snuggle up with while watching TV and pack some family pictures. Anything to make sure that he doesn't have to go out for wings at Hooter's; but that's another story. :)
He's not even sure that he is taking the cat as he was looking forward to. He had talked to one agent at the apartments and she said that with a declawed cat that our refundable deposit will cover. Today when he called to confirm, someone else said that there was a $250 non-refundable deposit. The latter actually makes more sense from apartment living years ago, but still $250 is too much to lose right now. He's really disappointed. He may try to sneak her in, but then there is weekly maid service. (I should be so lucky!)
We have moved many times before and we have been through this type of separation, but those times I knew when it would end. We got word we were being transferred; put the house on the market; flew out and found a house within about 3 days and came back and waited for the movers to come. Time from notice to moving into a new home...about 6 weeks. This time it is open-ended. I don't know when we will move into a home together or even exactly where that home will be.
Anyway, this just seems so strange and wrong that I just had to put it into words. Thanks for listening...or reading.
Later.
2 comments:
Stay positive, it's hard. Hubby and I have done it so many times, in this same situation. You gotta go where the paycheck is calling. I think our current house is the only one I actually saw before moving in day. We had moved 13 times in almost as many years before moving here.
Try to think of this as a vacation from shaving your legs. =)
I'm here if you need someone to talk to!
Post a Comment