A quick synopsis of my April would consist of:
- Made it through the tax season. Yea!!
- Made it through the "end of the tax season" party that somehow got to be my baby. That tends to happen because when you get me started on something like that, I tend to run with it. Anyway, good food, great decorations and good fun!
- I am happily unemployed.....for now.
- Hub changed the date for the adult children to move out from May 1 to June 1. No one is surprised that happened after #1's latest altercation. We need to kick him out and keep the girl. At least she is trying and actually seems to be grateful for the help.
- We have spent the last three nights watching the weather channel on TV (whenever the satellite would cooperate) and checking the computer to see where the storms and tornadoes were. The tornado sirens have gone off so much lately that we are not paying them as much attention. Our big gate was broken off the hinges but that is about all the damage we have had. Others have not been so lucky. I don't think I like April in Arkansas. Our home had the roof taken off in a tornado in April 2008, before we owned it. We thought that the past owners were just talking about shingles; but no, it was the whole roof. Tornadoes don't hit the same place twice. Right?
- Is anyone else obsessing over the news of the Royal Wedding? I am planning to get up at 4 a.m. Friday and watch the festivities live. I did that with Diana and Charlie. Gotta love a good Cinderella story. My family will probably find me asleep in the den when they get up at 6:30.
- Went to the doctor today. Not surprised that I need some dreaded tests. Hopefully, this will just be a fire drill. Too much coming up for anything else.
About a week ago, I thought that I had been blessed with my own personal little miracle. I dropped by Lowe's (love home improvement stores) to pick up some assorted home stuff and also a hanging basket. I was by myself; it was a beautiful evening and all was well. Did I mention I WAS BY MYSELF? That's the best part. I was wandering around and enjoying the plants outside when something caught my eye. A baby hummingbird was having a feast on some flowering plants. It wasn't even paying any attention to me. Just going from bloom to bloom having a feast. This little guy was maybe 1-1/2 inches long. I thought "This is too good. I have got to take a picture." Then I realized that I needed to make use of the movie camera on my smart phone. I dropped everything in the street and I am down about a foot from my little bird, just having a great time. How special is this? Then I realize that the camera is not really on. (Note to self: Learn how to use the features of your phone.) By the time I figure out how to start it......my little friend is gone. I do have a bit of film of the camera flitting around the flowers looking for movement. :( I waited around for about 10 minutes stalking the flowers before I went back inside and asked the clerk if she had ever seen a baby hummingbird around. "Security. Crazy person in the garden center!" I told everyone about my encounter. I went home to try to pull up a picture on the internet to show everyone what I had seen. That's when I got the bad news. My baby hummingbird is actually a hummingbird hawk moth. www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8076PK7-r8&NR=1 Evidently, others find them fascinating as well. They are still pretty cool and I guess I will just be happy that it totally delighted me.....whatever it is.
Later. Happy Spring!
1 comment:
I'll take my ten months of winter over the threat of a tornado. That freaks me out!
And oh oh on the #1. What did he do now?! Are they both working at least? How's #2 holding up? I think about you all the time and will call as soon as things slow down a bit...I'm busy and dizzy! LOL!
Post a Comment