Wednesday, July 20, 2011

News Flash! I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!

So nice to know that after all 28 years, my husband and I still really enjoy each other's company. Do I sound surprised? Maybe I am...a little. We have been so busy just going through the motions of life that I am afraid that we have neglected each other a bit. As so many couples, we have been on auto-pilot; ships passing in the night; text and e-mail buddies; getting by; friendly neighbors...you get the idea. Last week was different though. The young adults were in their own home (thank you, God) and #2 son was gone for a week on vacation with a friend. We were A-L-O-N-E. Just us. The two of us. No kids. No one else's kids. Scary stuff. It was greatness! We really didn't even do much. Hung out together. Laughed a lot. Enjoyed the hummingbirds. Watched late movies and slept late. Hub worked from home except for one day that he was gone for about 6 hours. Guess what! I missed him! Isn't that fabulous? We did paint and redecorate our son's bedroom while he was gone. That was even fun. What a great week!
This week...well, this week has been a little more normal for us. #2 son flew home Saturday bringing his friend to spend the week with us. He got off the plane asking for ibuprofen. He has double ear infections. He has come in our bedroom every night crying with pain and has ended up sleeping in a recliner in our bedroom. He was running pretty high fever, too. We were at an emergency clinic on Sunday morning and I took him back to the doc today. You would think he would be symptom free after 4 days of antibiotics. He is just now feeling a bit better. We are doing everything that we can to help him. His friend flies home on Saturday and on Sunday, #2 is leaving for a week at the beach with another friend and family. He has got to be well. Mommy and Daddy want another fun week. :)
On Sunday night, we received a call from #1 son's girlfriend. He was sharpening a knife and his hand slipped, slicing open his thumb. They spent the night in the E.R. He cut a tendon which will require surgery. That is now scheduled for next Monday. He will not be able to use his hand for 4-6 weeks. Great for his new job! Someone also threw something through the window in his ghetto home. Hub went over there today and replaced the glass for them. Hub has actually been pretty good about leaving them to handle things themselves lately. (Knock on wood.) As soon as he saw blood, #1 expected us to jump in the car and come take care of him. When they called, I just said "It sounds like you need stitches. Better go to the hospital." He couldn't believe we weren't coming, but they did just fine. They did call several times during the night with the last one being at 5 a.m. But hey, that's improvement. One of the calls was actually kind of funny when they were trying to give the hospital the car insurance card instead of the health insurance card. We totally enjoyed it, too, when they came over on Monday AND THEN LEFT!!! After they left, I told Hub to make sure that the garage door was down and the door was locked. Just in case.
Well, we are looking forward to another childless week next week. Hub has a business trip next week and I plan to tag along for a few days. He will be in meetings most of the days, but I am quite happy to entertain myself. One night, they are having casino night so that ought to be fun. We plan on staying an extra day.
Hope your weeks are going well. Go fall in love with your husband.....again.
Later.
'

1 comment:

Rox said...

I read and re-read this post a couple of times while I was busy trying to "love my husband" while we were on holidays. HAHA! Thanks so much for your words of wisdom, they were a great reminder for me in trying times. LOL! Hope you're well!