With all of the thoughts of the day, my weird mind started wandering back some 2,040 plus years. STOP IT! No, I wasn't in high school at the time. :) I started thinking about Mary & Joseph and being in their family. Can you imagine your child being the Son of God? Or growing up with him as your brother?
I imagine Mary & Joseph talking about the baby as all expectant parents do. You say what you are going to do with your child and what you are not going to do, and then you end up eating your words. Don't you know that they worried, "What if we have to discipline him? Will thunder and lightening come down?" We know that they weren't wealthy people so how did they explain the sudden gold, frankincense and myrrh? Can't you see Joseph trying to explain that they were a baby shower gift. (Do you think the synagogue ladies came together for a baby shower for an unmarried woman?) He would have been locked up if he said that three kings gave it to them. Also, you know all of the guys around town were nudging each other and he-he-ing about that his girlfriend just had a baby. No acceptance of other lifestyles then and there. Joseph probably defended Mary until he was blue in the face.
After there were other children, you know there would have to be those times that when Mary was calling out "I never had that problem with your brother"; "Why can't you be like your brother?" Then there would be the whining "You always liked Jesus best." "Why can't I be the Son of God?" "Maybe I am. Better be good to me." Jesus would so be stuffed in a middle school locker if he was walking on earth today as a boy. If not by his brothers, the other kids would after seeing him hanging out with the wise guys as the synagogue.
Oh, well. For what its worth, that was just going through my mind. We are having a small Christmas with just the three of us. #2 wanted to come home, and we actually bought him an airline ticket, but then he started writing on Facebook what he had been doing. Stupid and stupider. Illegal, immoral, stupid. Anyway, we had 24 hours to cancel the reservation and we did. His dad and I both ragged on him. He is with his birthmother. I'm happy for her as she has never had him for Christmas. Yet I know he will probably hook it out of there afterwards. She might as well share that part, too.
I know it is a lot calmer and less complicated with him not here, yet.....I miss him. I really got emotional while packing him up a box. Then he called today and the box STILL had not been delivered. It was suppose to have been there yesterday. (I just checked online and it showed it came today at 4:30.) Well, it was tough when he was in prison and now it's tough now. Guess I need to go back to his Facebook so that I can get all mad again. It easier that way.
I hope that you and yours have a most special Christmas. May all your dreams come true and Santa not find out about your naughty times. Merry Christmas!
Later.
1 comment:
I hope you find peace in your heart this week! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment