I'm still here. Guess I need to feed this blog a little something-something. It does sometimes have a life of it's own you know. You start out on one thing and never know where it will take you.
Baby-oh-baby! There are babies everywhere today. I came home and checked my e-mail and found that my neighbor delivered her twins yesterday. Can't wait to meet them! Then I checked in on a blog buddy, and their baby had just been born. They have been waiting for an adoption and things just took off fast and they now are the parents of a beautiful little girl. They had just started the process in August. God so works in very mysterious ways. I'm so glad he does.
Christmas and New Years were........here and gone. Not sure what to say about it. I want to wholly celebrate the birth of my Saviour and at the same time it is so obvious that people are missing in our lives. It's not just our son I'm thinking about but I really missed mom, MIL and FIL even more this year. There was just too much at one time. My eleven year old is SO in to traditions. He keeps us in line that way. I guess that is part of his security right now in an offbeat world. We are so lucky to have him. We got to visit our older son the weekend between holidays and then we went down to Houston and spent a weekend with family. That was just what we needed. We also spent New Years Eve with three other families that we are close to and New Years Day with the neighbors. Yes....we did have blackeyed peas. No sense in tempting fate.
I'm not sure what to think about our son these days. Sometimes I see so much hope and then there are other times. I've been reading some books about prisoners getting comfortable with their situation. I can see that happening. Not that the loss of freedom, missing family and fear for life aren't effecting him. But he doesn't have to step up and support himself in there. He is still just a kid in so many ways. They say that the world stops for someone in prison. He was young when he went in and for 2-3 years before that, we were just talking to the drugs, not to our son. We have talked to people on all levels and have gotten different answers from each. That could be part of the problem. We did get a nice letter from our state representative that actually looked like it wasn't a form letter and that she had read ours. In the end, his future lies in God's hands and he has given our son the free will to make his own choices. Good, bad and ugly. We need to live our own lives and make our own mistakes. Sometimes, life is just easier than others.
Well, my younger son and I are both back in school. I think that the routine of that is somewhat of a relief. It's just that early morning alarm that gets me. :) The kids at school also seem a bit more settled than they were in December.
The boy that I told you about after Thanksgiving (the one with the bleeding in the brain) has come back to school. He is taking it easy but looks good. Just has bandaid at each temple. Isn't that amazing! So happy for his family.
Hub has a second interview tomorrow for a pretty good job. He is finally getting more comfortable with where he is at. He was also told this week that papers have been signed for his own store. Who knows what will happen? Crazy!!
Poor Travolta family. I've watched all of that and just feel so sorry for them. It also bugs me that the press keeps bringing up the "Kawasaki Syndrome". First of all, it is "Kawasaki Disease". My older son had it when he was 4-1/2. It is very, very serious and will scare you to death. Most of the symptons like seizures would have happened a lot sooner than 14 years later. According to what I have read anyway and the heart is a much stronger issue. My son had echocardiograms every two weeks for a long time after he had it to see if there were any changes in his heart. They wouldn't sign off on him for one year. When he was 14, he passed out on the track at school and because of his history, they ended up doing a heart catherazation. Thankfully, everything was good. That did give us closure. Anywho, I am no doctor and I guess it does bring attention to a rare disease and could possibly save a child. That's all good. Just wish the media would check out what they are saying.
Anyway, I'm still kicking, dancing, working, etc. Don't pay the ransom just yet. I've escaped!
Later.
1 comment:
Your son's future is in HIS hands, although it will be tough, you need to make it clear to him that although you support him, you will not support the kind of behaviour that got him into this mess once he is out. He'll step up or he won't and there's nothing you can do about it but love him.
Darn kids, driving us crazy!
I also feel so bad for the Travoltas. I think he had more issues than they are telling and that's their right to privacy. Even though their story might help others. I feel bad for them.
Post a Comment