Right now my life seems to be full of question marks. Too much going on for me to get my head around.
Hub is about to finish the second week of his new job and he is really enjoying it. I'm so glad that he is back in his field. I'm not so sure that he realized how much it was "his field" until he left. He's happy as a clam! Last week he was in St. Louis, MO and he just flew back from being in Denver, CO this week. I think he is to be here the next. He had never been to Colorado and thought it was marvelous. He sent me some pictures and one of them was him in his Elmer Fudd hat that I told him he couldn't take. Although he was warm, I was embarrassed for him. His mother bought this hat for him a long time ago and he looks like such a hick in it. That hat has gotten to be a joke.
Right now it does look like a move is in our near future. His boss told him that he was being groomed to take a district in Arkansas around Hot Springs. This "could" happen in just 3-4 months. We have visited Hot Springs before and it is really beautiful. I just never thought of living there. It is really kind of a small town with as many tourists as there are residents. We have lived in large cities for so long so we will have some adjustments to make with that. Hub would be happy living in the wilderness. Me...not so much. (Can he move in with you, Rox?) Anyway, I have wasted a lot of time in the last couple of weeks looking at real estate on line. I did find a house that I really liked, but this is so premature. It's probably built on a terrible lot or something. Of course, it will be sold before we would need it. We really want to downsize, but it is hard to think of where to start trimming our "stuff".
Anyway, lots to think about. I am really stressing over moving before my son is released. I hate to leave this home that he is dreaming of being back to without him getting to walk through the door one more time. This would also make visits even more complicated. I know that we need to go on with what is best for our family, but I already think that he has some abandonment issues from his adoption.
Hub and I bought some new furniture a couple of weeks ago and it will be delivered tomorrow. (it's dangerous to go shopping after Mexican food and margaritas!!!) Although I think I am really going to like it, I wish we had not ordered it if we are moving to a new home. You never know what is going to work. I would of cancelled the order if they didn't have a 30% re-stocking charge. Isn't that nuts? The sofas are taupe leather so they will go with anything, but they are also large scale. Oh, well.
Guess I need to go to bed so that I can get up early in the morning. Guess what I bought my student aids for Valentine's. Candy and Valentine Tattoos!!! Tomorrow ought to be fun!
Later.
2 comments:
Home is where the Mom is. That's what I always say. A move is exciting and scary but it will be what you make of it for both yourself and your family.
Living in the country is fantastic! Seriously, if you get the chance, try it. Once you do, you'll wonder how you ever survived the chaos of city life!
Moving carries a ton of stress. It challenges our desire for control. You can just tackle one room at a time in terms of what needs to go. Pick the least-used room in the house and go through it with a trash bag and a donation box (or five). Give yourself a week per room to give yourself a deadline. And maybe you can give yourself a treat (a movie? chocolate? spa?) for each room that is complete.
Prepare your son for the change. Include him in the activities that you undergo for the move: write letters that have pictures of the changes at home and the new city. Tell him what you're feeling about the process. He'd have this input if he were home, and it may help him go through the process of change while being away.
Since hubby's away much of the time, the bulk of the "getting ready" will be your responsibility. Good luck, sweetie.
Post a Comment