We had a fabulous time. Hub could have done no more to make me feel really special. Our hotel was so cool and our room even better. This is a historical hotel and has been kept completely grand. The lobby looked like a grand ballroom with huge crystal chandeliers and large columns. Notice the chandelier compared to the baby grand piano on the left.
There were pictures around of celebrities and events that had been there, including Princess Grace and Prince Ranier of Monoco, Maria Shriver and Arnold S., Texas governors, and many others that I can't remember. The staff took wonderful care of us.
Our suite was almost as big as our first house. It had a foyer that opened into a formal dining room.
When I walked in, the first thing I saw of the table was a bottle of champagne and the most beautiful yellow roses. Hub had ordered chocolate covered strawberries, but they substituted a fruit and cheese plate.
Is he good, or what?
This suite absolutely reminded me of old Hollywood. There was a living room with two large camel back sofas, Queen Anne chairs, art work, mirrors....okay, so the plasma TV looked out of place.
The bedroom was huge and had a big four poster bed. The bed looked like a big marshmallow with all of the fluffy white bedding and pillows. It was so high off of the floor that I literally had to hike a leg up to get in. (Attractive picture, huh. It was up to my waist.) Hub took some running leaps and did belly flops. What a big kid! :) The bathroom showed that this hotel was built in the 40/50's. It was smallish with one sink but was decorated really a bit art deco with black marble floor and black and white tile. Add a big walk-in closet and that is about it.
I probably sound like a big goober that has never been anywhere and I know that this is more detail than anyone will care about. This hotel was just so different to me. I'm sure that there have been many, many weddings there. The 10th floor had a huge terrace that could make for amazing parties/receptions. It was even suppose to be haunted. Just a good ploy to get the tourists.
Room service breakfast in bed has always been my sinful pleasure. Nothing better and they brought us some fabulous ones. They even rolled it in on a cart instead of bringing a tray like most hotels. I made Hub look under the table cloth. In the movies, there was always someone hiding under cart. :)
We did just what we needed to do for a 26th anniversary. We talked, talked, talked and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. We took the obligatory river cruise and took some pictures in the same places that we remembered taking pictures on our honeymoon. We spent a lazy day wandering around and relaxing at outdoor restaurants with a margarita...or two. (You didn't think I would tell you EVERYTHING, did you?)
Yes, I really did feel like a princess. Our suite was on the corner and this is the view out of one side. It's a lovely church steeple from across the street but I can imagine that it is a castle tower.
Happy Mother's Day, Y'all!
4 comments:
Glad you had a great trip. Happy Mother's Day.
Happy anniversary! Happy Mother's Day! What a nice weekend of respite.
I must be a big goober too because I always do EXACTLY the same thing when I check into a hotel! LOL!
I'm glad you two had a great time. 26 years is an accomplishment for sure and you two were right in "celebrating" together! ;o)
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. You deserved it!
Post a Comment