Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where's my mask? I'm flying.

I'm really sick of listening to everything about this "piggie flu". I probably answered too many weird calls about it last Friday. I just sent them on to the nurse. (That was satisfying in a weird sort of way.)

I have a busy, yet fun week ahead. Thursday will be my 26th wedding anniversary. Man that sounds crazy long. I sound like a fossil! Anyway, Hub is leaving tomorrow morning on a business trip to the place we went on our honeymoon. (I'm sure it's a God-thing coincidence.) He will be done with meetings on Wednesday, so I am going to fly down and meet him. We will be back Friday afternoon. Short and sweet. It will be fun. My son is going to stay with my niece. She likes to play Mom. He has a late baseball game Tuesday night with pictures before. That means he and I will be a the ballfield from about 6:00 until 10:30. (Yuck) I'll have to pack us both up Monday night.

Packing is always so stressful to me. I do it to myself. I love going places - and I do pack really neatly - but I just stress over if we have everything we need or if something is left on. Usually I take way too much. I envy and am actually a bit amazed at people who throw a few things in a duffel and go out the door. I have to do better due to airline restrictions. Hub is planning on checking a bag since he will be there all week, so I'm going to send a few things with him. Can you imagine someone he works with coming to his room and seeing women's clothes hanging there? Hee-hee.

We've had a lot of rain here. Everything will be really green soon. I need to get out and get some more annuals going. Usually I have spent a lot of time outside by now. This "working thing" is really cramping my style! That and baseball. I guess they're only young once though.

Have a happy week!

4 comments:

mom of 2 said...

I want to start planting some stuff, too. I'm asking for some hanging fruit/vegetable plants for Mother's Day. I've been wanting a garden, but don't want to do the work to prepare the garden. I'm anxious to see how they turn out. Hope y'all have fun on your anniversary getaway!!!

Rox said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Travel safely and enjoy the hotel *wink wink*

I planted a Hosta today. I hope it doesn't freeze. It's been so nice here, it's given me a false sense of spring.

judith said...

Have fun on your trip, start taking the Airborne now. It really helps.

Yeah, phones were fun at my school too. I don't know how many people I told "if you think they are sick take them to the Doctor..." Duh! What? Pandemic and loss of common sense go hand in hand?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope you have a great trip!