I would like to clone today and use it all again. I got nothing really accomplished today, but I think that's okay. I'll make it up later.
I slept in until about 9:00 after turning off the alarm at 6:00. (Forgot to turn it off for the weekend. Oops!) Hubby brought me up my morning cappuccino and a warm donut. Sinful, but so-o-o-o good. Then after watching some HGTV and a couple of episodes of Snapped....I finally got out of bed. Yep, it was good!
Then I got clothes on; gathered up some laundry; came down stairs and looked at the paper with Hubby. One load actually made it to the dryer. He mowed the lawn. We visited with a neighbor. Then we sat on the back deck; had a couple of glasses of wine and some great conversation.
Later we came in and I spent some time looking online at hotels for a little trip will be taking soon. Fun stuff! Then we finally all got showers and dressed and went to a place called "Dave and Busters". It is kind of like "Chuck E. Cheese" but for adults, too. We have always liked it but our son had never been, so we took he and one of his buddies. The food is usually pretty good. I had the blackened tillapia. (Yum!) Then there are the games. They hyped up everyone. They have a World War I Flight Simulator and since Hub's a private pilot, you couldn't pull him away from that. The boys were doing the Dance Revolution games and anything else that they could shoot. I usually stick with the even more mindless games. I usually do pretty good at skee shot. Nothing tonight. Then there was a game where a ball fell into these spinning hole for you to get tickets. I got lucky and it went into the jackpot hole and I got 402 extra. That was enough tickets to make me a hit with the two boys.
So a day that starts out with a big case of lazy; throw in a cool breeze and wine with your best friend, Then going out and being a kid a Little. Like my mother always say; "And a good time was had by all!) Like I said, I would like to clone today and use it all again.
Later
4 comments:
Sounds like a great day!! After reading your last post it sounds like you deserved a relaxing and fun day!
We work for our weekends don't we!
That sounds lovely. My life is speeding up considerably with the new boss getting her sea legs. But she's great and easy to be with, so I really can't complain. So glad you are having a peaceful time.
I LOVE DAYS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you had one and I'm glad you wrote about it because you can have it again whenever you read about it!
Post a Comment