Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring is springing!

Although it has been a little cool today (by our Southern standards), it is getting to be the time of year that I probably love the most. Love those Spring afternoons when you get the first smells of cut grass and outside seems to be waking up. I balanced that today by updating my calendar with all of the ballgames my son will have this season. Between games and practices.....that's where I will be.

We had a little news this week. Looks like we will not have to move so soon. Evidently, someone with more seniority wants that district, so we are here for awhile. It is certainly a better plan for our family, but I always feel the need to know where I'm going to be next year. Also, in these uncertain economic times, I just want them to be totally invested in him.

We went to see our son last weekend and plan to go again next weekend. He looked alright. I still search his face for the little boy I raised, but instead there is a man, a young man, staring back. He seems so far away. Sometimes it hard to remember that one day this will end.

We got to have dinner last night with my brother-in-law and his partner. They were flying to Mexico and had an overnight layover here. It was a short visit but always fun to be with them. It also inspired the full-fledged cleaning of the working-woman's home. Guess a little extra incentive is always a good thing.

I'm really ready for summer vacation. I know that the next two months will be insanely busy at school. We have major testing weeks ahead and that just stresses out students and staff. I do enjoy being at school with the kids and "most" of the staff, but right now I miss being at home more. I feel like I don't do anything well around here and there is so much I want to do. Also, a couple of sour pusses at work can sure mess up a good day. I know that is anywhere you go, but I can hope for the perfect world, can't I?

I love the way our bathroom turned out that I redecorated. Now I am ready to start another room. This kind of thing drives Hub nuts! He likes the outcome, but he hates the getting there. Now I want to repaint the formal dining room. He says that he has painted it once and that's enough. But he also made the mistake of saying that if we hadn't moved by summer that he would do it. (Silly boy! He thought he had that one.) Anyway, this is one that I can't move the furniture by myself so he has to be involved. Then it will be on to the kitchen. I really want granite and new appliances. That is going to have to involve the money fairy though. Probably will have to happy with a little more paint.

Back to Facebook....why should anyone be interested in what your friends are doing every minute? I have friends that have busy, important jobs and there it is posted with all their daily "stuff". Where do you find the time and how much time am I expected to waste reading all of that? Sorry. I may love you, but I don't need to know that you are picking up the cleaning, etc. And what's the deal with sending charms, etc. I just don't get it. It's not like it's a blog or anything........

Later.

4 comments:

judith said...

Ditto here, work, fixing things around the house. Trying to remember the last time I dusted. I didn't even bother with it when Brother-in-law came Friday... I'll do it tomorrow, or maybe I'll plant something in it.

I'm not even going to post the blog this week until something more interesting happens, much less do the Facebook. Hubby doesn't get blogging, doesn't believe anyone has so interesting a life that people want to read about it. I think he's thinking of his own life.

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Plant something in it? I love that. I once had a little sign that read "You can look at the dust, but don't write in it." Have a good tomorrow. Enjoy your TAKS. :)

Birdie said...

My daughter made me set up a Facebook account. I hardly ever look at it. But recently an old high school friend contacted me, someone I hadn't seen in over 30 years. It was great to chat with him. However, I refuse to "poke" anyone or accept Easter eggs, etc. My daughter posted on my wall, "Mother, you are the lamest FB person ever." Amen.

Rox said...

Spoken like a true blogger!!

I'm also a member of the Lame Facebook Club...I don't poke, throw or send things. I comment on pictures though and I like finding people I used to know.