Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's all in the newspaper

I'm really not sure why I feel the urge to post tonight. I have just been a dud this weekend. Just feeling a little blue. Everything seems just a little unbalanced. Hubby was in a mood, too. I guess we both just needed to be in our caves. I even saw in the newspaper today where a boy I knew as a child had passed away. Didn't even know that he lived up this way now.

Hubby use to laugh at me because when I have a little time on the weekends, I read the obituaries. No, I'm not looking for my name. I'm a little depressed, but not nuts. Anywho, people write the craziest things about their loved ones when they pass. Sometimes a little too much information. I'm still thinking about the one that talked about the man's love of his dogs and puppies. It said that they went with him to heaven! They sent his dogs with him???? On another they went on about what kind of beer that Aunt So-and-so really liked. Of course, most of them have a picture of the 92 year old person when they were 17. Does anyone really recognize them. Maybe I need to re-think my instructions to my hub to use the cleavage shot from Glamour Shots for mine.

I also read an article about a woman who lost her 21 year old son in a freak accident. She said that her son had always planned to get married and have children so she petitioned the courts to let her have his sperm taken and frozen. She wanted to use it with a surrogate and she said that several had already volunteered. She felt that he should have his wish. It wasn't clear to me if she wanted to raise these children or what. Her petition was granted and there's something new in the freezer. Have we all just gone nuts? She will probably be on one of the news show next week talking about it.

I did get a really neat surprise yesterday. My brother sat down and wrote basically his autobiography. I received in the mail a bound 100+ double-sided pages of his life story even illustrated with pictures. It was amazing! Out of everyone in my family, I still can't believe he was the one who did it. I called and asked him if he had been to a doctor and was there anything I should know. He made copies for his children and his two sisters. I even learned a few family stories in it. A few others were made clearer. When you're the youngest by several years, you miss out on a lot. Anyway, I treasure it and love and admire him even more for doing it. What a gift, especially for his children.

The Easter Bunny really took care of my eleven year old this year. The kid loves the color pink. He may just like the attention of it. He is quite the bruiser so it seems a little out of place for such a sweet color. Anyway, everything in his basket this year, including the grass, is pink. I can't wait to see him tomorrow. He will be howling. There is even a t-shirt rolled up with a pink ribbon that says something about the 5 reasons that he would wear a pink shirt. It ought to be fun.

It's late so I guess I should go to bed. Hope everyone has a good Easter Sunday tomorrow....oops, I should say today.

Later.

4 comments:

judith said...

Happy Easter!

I saw that story on the news about the woman and her freeze... I'm with you. Sometimes it makes you wonder.

My word verifications is blees,

Blees you!

Rox said...

I also read the sperm story. I think it's insane.

I also read obituaries and get annoyed when people use pictures of their departed loved ones from twenty years ago. Often times, they just won't have a recent picture because the person "hated having their picture taken" so I always make a point of forcing those people to sit still for a shot.

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Blees you right back! :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you were feeling a little bummed, but is reading the Obits the way to cheer yourself up? :)

Hope you and your family had a very Happy Easter!

PS: I think more men should wear pink. I mean, I don't have any problem wearing blue!