Thursday, March 26, 2009

Twenty-one

Today my baby turned 21. We plan to go see him Sunday if they haven't moved him again. When they are moved, they can't have visitors for awhile. We found out that he had his wisdom teeth removed last week. (Does it get any better?) They had been bothering him, but he kept trying to put it off until he got out as the only thing he would be allowed for pain afterward is Tylenol. I guess it got to be too much.

My messages say that the adoption agency called while I was at work today. I will have to find a private moment to call them back tomorrow. I'm sure his birth mother has called wanting to know about him. I expected her to call. I thought about her today, too. We leave message through the agency. I always sent letters and pictures every year, but not now. The ball is in his court now. He's an adult. He has never written her. He has started to several times, but now he doesn't know what to say. I think he still wants to make her proud, too. What a struggle. He doesn't mind if I try to give her some kind of an update, but it is getting tougher to put in a positive light. She has had her own struggles and some of his weaknesses, as well as strengths, are from her. But she chose to give him life and made us a family so I will forever be in her debt.

If you are lucky enough to have your children close, please give them an extra hug. There are two mothers tonight missing their one son.

Later.

3 comments:

judith said...

I'm tearing up... for you.

Birdie said...

Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I think there is no greater earthly force than the love for a child. Nothing can diminish it. I know how incredibly blessed we are with our circumstances. God bless you, Meo.

Rox said...

Oh dear! I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be on the roller coaster ride you are on through all of this. I think of you all the time, wondering and waiting. I hope he is well. I hope you are too.