Thursday, June 11, 2009

Whew!!!

Just when you think you know what's going on, LIFE steps in. I have been a busy bee of a domestic goddess. Just a little excited to be off work and home. I know this will pass soon. Finally realized Tuesday evening that it wasn't just me that was hot, it was the house. Downstairs A/C was not working. Called A/C man in the morning to come out. I had already set up an appointment with a man to give me an estimate on tinting my windows facing the West. I was excited about this. I had decided that tint was going to be the answer to my dreams. The bid was even a little lower than I thought it would be. YEA! Then as he was leaving, enter the A/C man. To make a long story short, new unit to a tune of $5300. BIG BOO HOO! They came yesterday to put that big boy in. Took most of the day and I really was hot. Finally, got it in and then it was time to shower for the evening.

It was a crazy night. Severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, etc. All of the things that people hear about our part of the country. Generally, we just watch. We left for son's baseball pizza party just as it was getting started up(6:30). Probably not the smartest thing to have done. We ate pizza and watched the storm. When we started back about 8:15, we saw branches and several fences blown down. Our power went out about 8:45 and didn't come back on until the wee hours of the morning. We played cards by candlelight, read and then I went outside to the gazebo with a candle and watched the rain. My son came out for awhile and we talked about....mostly nothing. It was good.

I got up to see what time it was at 6AM, went back to bed, and immediately the power went off again. Stayed off until 11AM when it was met with hoops and hollers by my son. (City kids can't take that too very long.) Still haven't opened refrigerators to see what is going on in there. Hoping for the best.

At 9:00 this morning, the cute window tinting people came. I had called the owner and told him that due to the A/C, we couldn't do all of them at this time. I would still do the large one over the door that we (translates "I") deemed as necessary. It looks amazing.

THEN....around 11:30, Hub calls and wants me to shoot him a copy of his resume. His boss has suggested that he put a bid in for a couple of positions that are coming up. Knew this was a possibly but wasn't ready for it now. One would be back to Arkansas (the other business plan didn't work out)and the other would be to an area that we have always thought we would like to go back to. He is more of a long shot for the latter, but it would be a coo.

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens this afternoon!!!!

Later.

4 comments:

Rox said...

I can't imagine living anywhere that needed air conditioning to the tune of 5300 smackers!! Mind you, reverse that and mention a high efficiency furnace and you have my life! LOL!

It's Bizarro!

judith said...

We tinted our own windows! It's really easy! Cheap too. Then we also put up solar screens, now that will cool the rooms down by about 20 degrees. But your kids will then sleep until 4:30PM. It makes it REALLY dark in the rooms.

We like it hot Rox. It's nice when you walk into your living room on a 102 Texas summer day and it feels just like a meat locker... mmmmm, it's heaven.

Birdie said...

That kind of excitement I can do without. We get the same weather you do, about twelve hours later. This time it broke up as it was hitting us, so no serious damage. The hail we had last week is still sitting in the freezer, courtesy of our son. Size of golf balls.

Prayers for good news on the job front!

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Rox - There is not much I would enjoy paying $5300 for as a maintenance. It is probably a good selling point now, but really won't pull in the return like the new appliances I was hoping for. (Sigh!) I hate "old" snow. I enjoy it the day of, but don't want it hanging around and getting dirty.

Jo - I watched the videos of tinting on You Tube. We were thinking we would try the others. We'll see. This window was so high up and so very visable. It had to be perfect. Some of the others...not so much.

Birdie - My boys always like to collect hail, too. Hub included. Thanks for the prayers. Always welcomed.