Saturday, October 24, 2009

Catching up...

I CAN NOT believe it has been so long since I last posted. I haven't fallen off of the world, but sometimes it has seemed like the world has been falling in on us. Pity party for one here. :) I've been reading all of your posts, but somehow just haven't had the inspiration to write anything. So much is going on with so many.

So just to catch up:

House still has not sold. In fact, it hasn't even been shown in a month until today. We have had so much rain and yucky days around here. This weekend has been gorgeous and we had an early showing with less than an hour notice. Whew! We have taken the price down to where we will lose a little of our investment just trying to make it move. Terrible time to be selling. Realtors say that there are just too many foreclosures. Our company wants us moved by the first of the year.

Seems pretty strange to be pushing to get the house sold, as I feel less and less like moving. I'm just really confused right now. Hub really likes his job and is getting lots of accolades for what he is doing. This is a great place for him professionally and I know that it really will be a good place to live. This is just taking such a toll on us as a family/couple right now. He has only been home two/three days a week for a long time now. It's getting really old. I'm feeling abandoned and he seems less comfortable and natural being his role of dad/hub. We are also seeing changes in our son now in both grades and attitudes. Some is just his age and natural changes but our circumstances are in there, too. It's hard on all of us. Even called the counselor that we use to see when things first started going so badly with our son. Decided that we needed to talk to someone. Found out that he had retired since we last saw him. You ever feel like Ziggy?

Things are going better at my work. It's busier than ever with ever-changing new technology coming in. In the past two weeks, I have had new cameras and two new security systems installed. One system required that I have a second complete computer at my desk. I am so totally wired. How many times have I moved the wrong mouse or grabbed the wrong keyboard!

I also feel a little better about my standing with administration. I work with some totally amazing people....and a couple of really childish witches. I was warned early on about one of them being a cancer in the staff and that the other had not got along others in my position. Didn't see it at that time but thought it was strange since the person telling me this had the authority to terminate. Anyway, the claws were really coming out and I had made the decision long ago not to let them have any power over me and to just ignore. I have to say that I'm a bit proud of myself that I have stayed on the high road. It also keeps you focused on your own work that has its own rewards. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I had to take off unexpectedly when my son was sick. We have all been there and I even came in for the morning since it was an especially busy day and short notice. The principal approved my leaving and thanked me for coming in. That Saturday, I received a nasty e-mail from her secretary letting me know how my leaving had inconvenienced her. It went on in great detail over the silliest things and ending with a happy face (???). I must have read that thing 25 times still not believing what I was reading. She even copied the principal. Anyway, I cooled my jets and Monday afternoon had a private meeting with the principal out of the office. She said that she was appalled when she received the e-mail; had been mulling it over the weekend, and had already had a meeting with the administrative staff. She had not been certain where some things were originating from in the office until then. She was very supportive and let me know that changes were going to be made. Some realignment took place the next day and the secretary was suddenly ill and absent from work for a day. Anyway, I really watch my back even closer which probably is good for efficiency at the end of the day. The "powers that be" have been super supportive and reassuring which of course makes me feel better.

My older son's birthmother did finally visit him. She called us after she got back and was really happy. Seems that it went well. At least she came back calling him by his given name instead of the nickname she had given him and kept calling him. Hub went down to see him this weekend so I will get my son's take on the visit tomorrow. Even when he was a baby, I thought about how it would be for us all to meet and I always promised him that I would be there to support him. Never dreamed this would be situation when it happened. Hopefully, all of this will help him answer questions of his heart that I know he has. Still it is a lot to handle. 9 more months.....

My younger son turned 12 recently and has started THAT change that kids go through. Wish I could just seal him up until this is over with. There was a social at his school last night and he had asked a girl to go with him (translates to hang out with him at the social). She says yes; then hangs out with her girlfriends wanting him to follow them around; texts him about "just being friends" (drama queen); son comes home in bad mood; goes immediately up to his bedroom and then stays up their sulking. His first of many heartbreaks. He doesn't have a clue.

Well it is late again. There goes the plans for an early bedtime.

Later.

5 comments:

mom of 2 said...

I'm so glad you posted. I've been thinking about you lately. Sounds like you've got a ton going on! Did I read that right about only 9 more months till your son comes home? That is wonderful! I hope that the move goes smoothly and that you guys can get out of limbo. I'll keep y'all in my prayers!! :)

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Yes, he should be out in about 9 months. I can't even imagine..... Speaking of a lot going on, you must be the queen of that. I'm glad that everything is going so well. You will be a fabulous teacher! Thanks for the prayers. We need them.

Rox said...

Don't forget to take some time to nurture your soul in these hectic and crazy times. It will make you feel less Ziggy-like. =)

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Right back at you, Rox!

Birdie said...

So glad to hear from you! Those nine months will be dragging and speeding along. Then you will all have to reacquaint yourselves to each other and adapt to a new rhythm. Prayers for a smooth transition in your new home and new life.

Tell your youngest that girls get just plain mean at age twelve (because they discover and exercise the power they have over boys), and he's better off hanging with a mixed group at all times—until about age twenty. Yeah.