Saturday, August 29, 2009

That and this.

I'm going to borrow from a friend and just bullet this post. Seems a little how my mind is functioning these days.

* Still dizzy. Doc's office isn't open when I'm off and I can't seem to find a time at work to make a personal phone call. Seems to be a little less but still there. Hub actually got to see the eye action during a spell last night. Rather strange.

* First week of school and they finally installed a new phone system that was promised last year. It's really pretty neat except for the fact that it was full of kinks, nobody really knew how to work it (including me) and each tech is giving a different answer. I have lost more phone calls this week. I'm sure it will be fabulous...eventually.

* Also received a new computer tower this week. One problem though was that when they said that they would transfer everything, I thought they meant files, too. OOPS! I've been hunting all of my favorites that I take for granted.

* I feel like such a klutz! One night this week, I had my glass of water and was heading up to bed. My little shih tzu starting racing up and knocked me down. I caught myself on the stairs with my forearm and now it is still swollen and bruised. Slept with an ice pack all night. It will soon be a lovely shade of green.

* Sleeping with an ice pack was really a pretty good thing as the upstairs a/c went out that night. (I really think that our house is rebelling.) I called the repairman and made an appointment for late the next afternoon so that I wouldn't have to take a day of vacation. He came two hours early and our son was home alone with him. Didn't like that situation and then what he said was broken had already been replaced before. I told him to check with his office and call me. Instead he just replaced it and left me a bill for $264. Anyway, when I got off I went straight to the a/c office and visited with the owner. Nicest guy in the world. He was quite apologetic, tore up the bill and is sending a specialist out next week to make sure that we are all good. It doesn't get any better than that. He's my guy! :)

* Last week Hub was out of state on business. He actually was flying in and out of the city that my son's birthmom lives in. We didn't talk about it before, but I knew he would do it. He called her and went over to meet her. After 21 years, this is still so strange. She was thrilled. She even fixed him dinner and then he had her boyfriend take a picture of the two of them together and sent it to our son. He freaked out a little. Said that seeing his Dad with his birthmom and not me, just looked wrong. Anyway, we are all plowing through this new unknown territory.

* We are really re-thinking the move. Not sure how much choice we have, but we are not necessarily pushing the house to sell. So confusing. One day we think that the change is so good and we want to move and then the next day, it is a whole other story. Hub did hear from a colleague that another district manager may be leaving which would open up a district close to here. In fact, it is where we both lived when we met and we still have lots of friends there. He might not even have to move to take it. It's just a rumor and thought. I really have to turn this over and quite thinking about it.

Have a great week. I really miss my blog buddies that aren't writing as much. (Like I have room to talk.) Inquiring minds still want to know what's on your mind(s).

Later.

4 comments:

Rox said...

Did I ever tell you that you and Murphy have the same Job? Working in a school office? Yep! You do! So I walk around saying "Oh I have friends who work in school offices..." I'm ridiculous.

Your son's birthmother has given you all such a fabulous gift. I think it's super cool that your hub stopped in to see her.

Do you think it might be an inner ear thing? That's what it sounds like. I just watched this horrible youtube video today of someone getting the biggest gob of wax pulled out of their ear! Maybe that's all it is?! *gag* :o)

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Rox - Yes, there is no doubt that you do have friends in high places with Murphy and me. That and a couple of dollars will get you a cheap cup of coffee.

The ENT doc says that it is an inner ear thing. Not wax though, thank you very much. I have clean ears. :) Actually it's some tiny crystals that have broken off and are bouncing around the balance sensors when I lay down. That's what she said anyway.

judith said...

I work in the school office too! Hey I know what you're feeling there... we just got a new student tracking system. Besides having a new person in the office, learning all the 'Customer Service - plaster that smile on your face and cover them in butter' ins and outs, she's having to learn a new system. I used to know EVERYTHING about the old one and I've only attempted to use this one once in 4 weeks.

Have you considered Acupuncture for the ear thing? They may not necessarily jab a needle in your ear, probably just in the area behind your ear. They can do some amazing things. Corrected the bulging disc in my neck in 3 visits.

The next time you are over my way call me. I'm the only Cruzan in town.

mom of 2 said...

Hey...haven't heard from you in a while. Everything ok with you guys??