It was medically confirmed today. I have a screw loose. That how my smart-mouth doctor put it. (Actually, I enjoy her smart mouth. She's fun.) The daily bouts of vertigo that started at end of June have continued. I finally had enough and scheduled an appointment. Truthfully, I have been a little scared to go. The way our lives have gone the last few years....well, you understand. My imagination had run away with thoughts of fitting in brain surgery.
Anyway, you go to the doctor and tell them about being dizzy when you lie down or move your neck up or down and what do they want? They want to see you really, really dizzy. That was easy enough to accommodate, but they almost got to see me really, really vomiting as well. I went there feeling fine and left there feeling like hell. So the diagnosis, in a nutshell, is that there are little crystals broken off from somewhere in my inner ear and are floating around to where they are not suppose to be, telling my brain that my world is spinning. (Hence the loose screw.) There is a name for all of this but I like my description better.
I go back tomorrow for a "procedure" that is suppose to direct those little suckers back to where they belong and if I don't lie down or bend over for 2-3 days, hopefully they will re-absorb. (The recliner will be my friend.) Then we get to go back in about a week and do it all again. Oh, boy! I have no idea how this "procedure" is actually done and I probably don't want to know until I'm there. She and the other doc were concerned that I wouldn't be able to tolerate the "procedure" because I got so sick today. They gave me a Valium to take before. Not only does it relax, it is suppose to be good for vertigo. I've never taken Valium before so if I get on the computer and start typing it up....please bear with me. A friend is driving me tomorrow and she is hoping for blackmail material.
After all of this today, I felt the need for some loving. So, I got a pedicure. :) I got to sit there and listened to this maybe 100-pound nail tech complain that she was so-o-o-o fat. I should of kicked her. I also got my brows waxed so that brought me back to reality.
So the jest of the day is:
1) My toes look good again.
2) I didn't hurt anyone today.
3) No one told me I had a brain tumor.
Twas a good day!
Later.
8 comments:
Our nurse at school gets vertigo from time to time. She goes to chiropractic therapy. Do you use a phone headset at work? It's not surprising that people who are on the phone as much as us don't get problems like yours and mine. I have calcification in three discs in my neck, and a budging disc. It's all from talking on the phone and holding it with my head against my shoulder... look Ma no hands becomes, look ma I can't feel my hands and the room is spinning.
Glad it's nothing serious! I hope it goes well and that the little "screws" get back to where they belong! :)
I had a friend in high school who was like a size 0 and constantly complained about how fat she was. I've never been really thin, so finally one day I told her to take a good look at me. I told her that everytime she called herself fat that she might as well look over at me and call me a cow and she needed to just get over herself! She quit after that.
Jomamma - There is an ear piece for work, but I have never used it. I've never had an ear piece that really fit or felt comfortable. That's a good thought though. I may need to work on that now. They were suppose to be changing out the phones systems this summer. We will see what I find next week.
Mom of 2 - I guess we are never happy with what we have. I would probably walk around naked if I ever got down to a size 0. (Not really, but I sure would be vain.)
Way to go Mom... check out the headsets in the Office Depot catalog. I don't like the kind that hang on your ear, I have one that has like a head band, and I put it on then pick my hair every morning. Wearing it has surly cut back on my headaches.
Can you tell how exhausted I am... that comment reads like some dolt wrote it. I'll be glad when next week rolls around and I can quit being the event planner/delivery girl/purchasing agent/catering supervisor.
I've never been a size 0 but I have been a size 3,4,5,6 and 7.... I look better as a 10. I'm glad to finally have a butt and some boobs. I used to be concave and had a hole in my back.
I had my brows waxed once. Never again. It felt like duct tape was being ripped off my face. My eyes swelled up so much that it actually interfered with my vision, and it took three days to look normal again. That is NOT my idea of spa time! Now a pedicure...
I see that I'm late for offering prayers for the procedure, so I'll lift you up for healing and comfort. Take care, sweetie.
Yeah Birdie, I agree. And the yanking of the waxed strip on that tender skin has got to do some stretching... not good. Before long your eyelids would be all droopy.
"No one told me I had a brain tumor"
This made me laugh. I'm demented. I say go for a massage. Maybe you're so tense, you're making your own ears wonky! Oh no, wait, that's me.
Post a Comment