Thanks for all the good advice. I'm trying to keep all of that at the front of my mind. Sorry to be such a whiner these days.
Actually, the twists and turns of this plot are getting almost comical. This week the school district was pressuring me to give them my formal letter of recognition. Evidently, they need to post the job as people are inquiring about it. I had to tell the principal that we are limbo and ask for a little time. They said to keep everything as it was and asked where my signed letter of intent was. Turns out that they came out a few weeks ago. I had already been told to sign one and then resign at the appropriate time, but I didn't think that they had come out yet. Found out that mine had not even been passed out by none other than that sweet secretary. The assistant principals were furious, but that's another story.
We let Hub's boss know what was going on with my job and she said they still need more time and that we should put off house hunting another week. Rumors are rampant of layoffs, new division lines, etc. There will be changes.
I finally felt myself come to the place I've been looking for. I'm tired of worrying about it. Whatever. I need to quit skipping chapters and just read the story page by page. I've wasted so much time and energy. I'm weary. I've taken off tomorrow afternoon and we are "getting out of dodge" as they say. We are going South to see our son. We will spend a couple of nights with family which is always fun. Right now we need fun and family more than ever.
Oh, and guess how the next page reads. I got a call a while ago from the people that want our house. They just got another contract on their house and wanted to make sure that ours was still available before they accepted. They need to know quick. Oh, brother.............
Later.
2 comments:
I'm glad you are taking time out for what's important. That other stuff is just white noise and will make you crazy. Enjoy your time with your son and your friends! All that crap will still be there when you return refreshed...
I'm with Rox, shuck it all for now. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment