Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Political Trash.....just my opinion.

Why does political news have to get so nasty? Does dragging out personal, private issues and struggles about someone else really make us look any better? It really ticked me off this morning when all the morning shows kept showing pictures of Sarah Palin and her family and highlighting their 17 year old daughter who's pregnant. I know Obama took the high road and said that "family was off limits" but he doesn't even have to say it because the news people have already run away with it. When her Mom was announced and her family introduced, did you notice that girl standing there holding her baby brother? I felt so sorry for her. She so looked like a deer in headlights. I have even heard it rumored that she is actually the mother of her baby brother. Give me a break. (Do they watch Desperate Housewives??) She has enough to worry about without worrying if she is hurting her mother's career. And just what does this say about Sarah Palin? That she's a mother of kids who sometimes make mistakes and have problems to deal with......just like us. That she is supporting her daughter when she needs it the most. It does confirm her abortion views....or I guess maybe her daughter's. I'm just really a little ticked at the media for making her such an issue. I really think that the scrutiny deters really good leaders from getting out there and trying to make a difference. They are protecting their families. Colin Powell once alluded that he would not run for president because he didn't want to put his family through that. Who could blame him.

OK. I'm really not a political junkie, but I will always be an advocate of children and families and this just got under my skin.

On a lighter note, I told you about the football coach that wanted my son to hold back in drills because he wanted him on his team. We got a call from another coach last night. This guy got a better number in the draft and drafted my son before the other coach got to him. They said he wasn't happy. It kind of tickles me. That's what you get when you try to cheat. My son had his first practice tonight and I think he's going to be a really good coach. I liked his attitude. Also, I met some of the other parents that were there and they seemed really nice, too. Bonus points for me. You spend a lot of time at practices and sitting in the stands with these people. Might as well be entertained.

That's all for me tonight, but I do feel better. (Thanks for asking.) :)

Later.

1 comment:

Rox said...

Hockey is like football...the parents/coaches, they're all insane, everyone thinks their kid is going to hit the big time! Why can't they just play?

And political mudslinging is just so wrong. And tiresome at this point. I think people just want to hear the issues and where the candidates stand. Too bad the media is so involved...