It is such a gorgeous day here. Cool, by our standards, but the sun is beaming. My son has a football game in a couple of hours and this is so the weather that I like to get out an watch a game. This will be his last game of the season (yeah) unless he accepts the invitation to be on the pro bowl team (????). It's a nice honor, but Mom is a little bit ready to have some unstructured Saturdays. We will see what he decides.
Well, it looks like another one of my "personal project" kids is going to be sent to alternative school for a while. It doesn't look like I am doing very well with these projects. I'm not sure why I think I can save them when I couldn't even save my own child. I see so many 12 & 13 year old kids that are left at home alone to get themselves up and off to school. Some make it; some don't. The parents are just doing what they feel they have to. I don't get home until a while after my child, too. I don't like that either. I hate to see the kids pay the price.
Hub and I were officially duds last night. Our son was going to a birthday party so we were going to try again to have a date. (We were suppose to last week while he was at a sleepover, but then he got sick and had to stay home.) This is the way it went. Boy goes to party at 5:30. Man didn't get home until 7:30. Woman wanted to watch last half of "Deal or No Deal....so sad. In the meantime, man falls asleep in chair. Woman finally decides to order in chinese at 8:30. Man eats and goes to bed at 10:00. Son home at 10:15. Woman goes to bed at 10:30. Yep.....that would be official duds. We are too young to be that old! Friday night use to be my favorite night. Now I'm just tired from the week.
I'm really worried about our neighbors across the street. Keep them in your prayers. They are a young couple who are pregant with twins. She is at 27 weeks and she was put into the hospital this week to stay for at least 8 weeks. The babies are impatient. I cannot imagine being in bed for that long. They are scared to death. She is really petitte so I know that this is a lot to carry. Their marriage has been so fragile in the past, that I'm not sure they would get through if they lost those sweet babies.
Well, I need to put in another load of laundry and get ready for football. Hope your weekend is as pretty as ours.
Later.
2 comments:
I wonder if we can get "Dud" t-shirts made up?! LOL!
You can't save them all but the fact that you are trying to save them is commendable!
You never know when yours are the words someone needs to hear. Keep trying, sweetie, and get some sleep.
Post a Comment