Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Next Chapter

It's very late, or actually early in the morning ,and I'm sitting here in a torn up house of boxes. Tomorrow they will be packing up my dear computer so I will be having withdrawals. I have got to progress to a laptop. I'm not even sure where I am going to set up this thing. I'm accustomed to having a kitchen desk, but the new house doesn't have one. :(

People will be crawling this house at 8 a.m. and "maybe" get all of our things out by the end of the day. This has all been so surreal. I'm actually dreading the house being empty. It's turning from a home into a house right before my eyes. There is so much of our history connected here. So many laughs and so very many tears. In the past ten years since we have lived here, we have celebrated 10 Christmas', watched our little boy go from 2 to 12, watched first love, many babies born to friends and family, lots of barbecues, many flowers bloom and wonderful sunsets. Even some double rainbows. We've also lost. Had a son taken away due to drugs, lost 2 mothers, a dad, a brother, a brother-in-law, a cousin, several aunts & uncles. We went almost a year without a job. We've seen divorces. We also got to be here when a young couple in the neighborhood came to us because they were ready to split up. We talked to them quite a bit and went to a marriage recovery seminar with them. They didn't split. Are now happily married and the parents of precious twins. It wasn't by accident that we were here. During the happy times there were people we wanted to share it with. During the sad times, we had "friends who are family" here to share that with also and comfort us.

This is one of those changing times of life. Finally, just tonight, I think I'm okay with this. It has been a long time coming. I feel a little bit of closure. My son will be home in less than a month. Our family will be together again, and I think we all may appreciate it a little more. So on to our next chapter.

Later.

2 comments:

Rox said...

I've moved a lot in my life and I always do the same thing every single time I leave a house. I say "Thanks for the memories, house." I've done it since I was a little kid, always taking one last look around.

You will make fresh new memories in your new house but guess what? You will always have your old memories too! That's the great part about it, they come with you. =)

Big hugs to you during this transition. I know things will be fine once you get settled.

judith said...

Good luck!