We're here! Actually, we are all over the place here in "box city". I feel like we should be further along with unpacking after a week, but it is what it is. Each room is partially done. Nothing completely. A lot of things are in closets and shelves that will need to be re-done. Some things are still waiting to be found in a box somewhere. Guess this is all part of the process.
We are finding our home to fit us even better than we thought. Things are coming together. I don't think that I had totally bought into this house before. It was a symbol or a very hard transition in our lives. I knew it was a great house....for someone. I just didn't think it would really be for me. Surprise. We're here. Our ever growing stuff is here, too. It will be okay.
We were happy to find a boy across the street who is in the same grade as our son. He loves baseball, too. YEA! Also, his mom said that she is on the board of the PTO for the school that we wanted and expected him to be in. She said that she can get him in. No problem. She will be my new hero if she pulls that off. We have only met one other family in the neighborhood, but found out that there is a huge block party here for the 4th of July. Wonder woman across the street is one of the instigators. That will be a great way to meet people. The church that we have been going to is also having an old fashion church picnic that day. Sounds like a busy social day. Also, sounds like a multiple shower day. I'm just saying... It has really been hot and humid here.
The people here continue to entertain me. Really good, honest country people. People that you don't know tell you so much. We had to call for an A/C repair and the little lady that schedules appointments told me all kinds of things about her kids and grandkids. Including the fact that her grandson was the principal at the middle school we want to go to. Turns out that he is actually assistant principal. You know how proud grandmas are. We went to a country style restaurant for lunch today. The gift shop is full of redneck sayings. "You may be a redneck goddess if you have ever worn a tube top to a wedding." There was actually a NEW city ordinance that was just passed. It states that it is against code to park a car in your front yard on the grass within the city limits. Unbelievable that this had to be addressed in 2010. I really don't want to sound like I'm making fun of the people. They have been super friendly and welcoming to us. I am enjoying them. I just have never felt so much like a "city girl" before. But, the "sweet tea" here is super good. Ye-haw. I will adjust.
Y'all come see us now. Ya hear? Just don't park in the "fronchard".
Later.
4 comments:
Are you sure you didn't move over here to Allen... we have that same city ordinance about parking on your fronchard. But they don't really enforce it. Glad you are getting settled in.
Sounds like you've moved to your own "Peaceful Town" YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Will you be posting pictures of the new digs?
Seems as though the Turmoil Tornado is losing its force. Thank heaven! I'm glad that people are reaching out to you to make you feel at home. What a difference that can make!
Rox - I'll have to post some pictures when I can get rid of the rest of the boxes! Send me some of your energy. Better still, get on a plane and come south. :)
Post a Comment