Friday, October 28, 2011

Call the "whambulance"!

Please pardon me while I whine "a little".   Could turn into a full blown rant, so hang on.  Let me get the bullets going.  (Not real bullets, silly.  Not yet anyway.)
  • I have automatic notices set up if our bank accounts get below a certain level.  Got one of those e-mails on Wednesday.  Pulled up my account and there were three charges to a company called NewEgg.com.  Never heard of the company; never made the charges.  I called the company and told them that they were not ours.  They said that the orders had already shipped to New Hampshire and Pennsylvania but that they would tag the account.  Whoopee!  I'm still out $400.  I called the bank and they red lined my account.  I went up there to start the paperwork to challenge the charge.  She took my debit card and CUT IT UP!  (That hurt.)  She ordered me a new one with a different number but it will take a few days to get it.  I'm in withdrawal.  She said that my best hope was to demand that the company give me a refund.  She said the Visa may give us trouble as the card was not always in my possession.  Hub had it and used it part of last week.  Even though it is a joint account and we are married, that shows that I authorized someone else to use my card.  NUTS!  I did call the company back and tried everything, but nothing.  They said that the bank should not have approved it.  They could care less.  I went to the police station and filled a report.  The officer took one look at my statement and said "Oh, I bought a computer from them."  Congratulations.  He took the info but basically he admitted that we are just going through the motions.  He did give me a website to register this complaint that is put up by the FBI.  Funny thing though, Wednesday night several of us were waiting for the kids to get out of youth group.  I told someone what had happened and another gal said that the same thing happened to her husband last week.  Both of had 3 charges from the same company.  Can't figure this out as we use different banks and they were out of state most of the week.  Couldn't find anywhere that both of us had used our debit card.  Moral of this story:  Use a credit card instead of a debit.  Easier to get a credit than money.  Also, don't let hubby use a card with your name on it.
  • Our youth group has been studying purity all month and we will have a purity banquet this Sunday.  They really want to make it nice and important for the kids.  They are dressing up as if for prom and everything is decorated very wedding-ish.  I love doing this type of thing.  Did it at our previous church.  A formal sit-down dinner for 2,000 of my closest friends was my pride and joy.  Came out beautifully if I say so myself.  We had such a good team.  I'm excited.  Then I find out....we have no budget.  No, zero, nada, nothing.  This is a small church and they are paying for purity rings for everyone.  That took it all.  So..I went shopping at ..My House, and then a friend's house.  Someone scoured the warehouse at church.  A new member just got married a couple of months ago.  She brought us tons of tulle.  We are pulling it all together.  Actually, I think it will be fine.  I've scoured Pinterest.
  • I went this afternoon to Garden Ridge to pick up some ribbon, branches (I know, Viv.  I should of sprayed my own.), picks, etc.   Just a few things to finish out.  Had a good time with it and even found a roll of Christmas leopard print wire ribbon for me. (Score!)  Waited in a long line.  Checked e-mail.  Get to the check out.  Ooh.  Mama also want a piece of chocolate.  Adds up to $43.  Start to write a check...they don't take checks.  Remember, I don't have a debit card right now.  Pull out a credit card that I very seldom use and slide it.   It's expired.  I have like $11 in my purse.  I beg him not to put it back and I run out to try to find a bank.  It's 5:20 on a Friday afternoon and I still have to pick up our "guest that won't leave" at 5:30.  Don't see a branch of our bank around so I run to pick the girl up.  I start scanning my phone for a bank branch.  TRAFFIC GALORE!  Find one on the same street that she works on.   We fly out of there.  We go 10 minutes...in the wrong direction.  We turn around and are so hemmed in that at 5:58.. I gave up.  Actually, I'm about to cry.  We have a lot to do and people are meeting at the church at 10:30.  Problem is that #2 has his last baseball game tomorrow at 9:30.  We will be tied up until about noon.
  • Well, and back to the girl.  This is my son's girlfriend that we have already supported and carted around since Christmas.  Yep, we're suckers.  She and our son have been broken up for over a month and we had told her that she could stay with us again instead of their ghetto house.  Just so she could get her things ready to moved to California and have some money to go.   Well the first weekend that she was with us, she came home on payday with lots of bags.  Seems that she needed some clothes and shoes.  (?)   Then, she was suppose to be out two weeks ago, but turns out that she was overdrawn at her bank.  Duh!   She kept getting bank notices every day and she just said that they were statements.  She wouldn't even open them.  So now it has been another two weeks.  She was to have gotten her check today.  Nope.  Won't be in until Monday.  She owes us money, too.  Actually a lot more but that's another story.  The way she talks, I think she is planning to go and hang out with her grandfather instead of living with her mother.  I came down on her tonight and told her she needs to step up and get a job and support herself wherever she lands.  And get a job close to her home.  I spend an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon round trip getting her to and from work.  Two hours of my day plus car expenses.  (Certify me now.)  I told her that even her mother would probably not do that for her.  She snapped back, "Well, sorry if I am such an inconvenience."  Hey, she finally got it!  I need my guest room.  I have a sweet friend that is dying to visit.  I've bought new pillows and everything to put out when she leaves.  So leave already!
  • One more gripe about the girl (and my husband).   How come men are so easily manipulated by a young girl?  Her mother calls Hub telling him that she has never had a father figure and looks at him as her father.  (Barf!  Wonder where she learned manipulation.)  The girl plays it up big time.  You know when another woman is playing up your husband.  She tells me one thing and then cries on his shoulder with "the truth".   Of course, I get to play bitch to her poor little thing.   I'm really done. 
Okay.   I've gotten a bit of my whine out.   Wish I had some wine to go with it.  I'll try to make my next post more up.  Maybe I will tell you what a wonderful banquet we had.  Maybe I will tell you that the bank refunded my money plus interest for my trouble.   Maybe I will tell you that the Rangers won the World Series.  Maybe not.

Later.

2 comments:

Rox said...

Oh. My. God. Things have really taken a turn, haven't they?! So is she leaving Monday? She needs to leave Monday. Cut your losses, toss her out!

And, ahem, you're a better person that I am! The only woman who gets to play my husband is ME! I'd claw her darned eyes out.

We need a good old chitty chat soon.

judith said...

I'm on the same mind thought as Rox. Take her skinny butt to the bus station and buy her a ticket, but don't spend another dime on her!!!

What you permit, you promote!!!! Repeat it over and over until it rolls off your tongue.