I don’t even know where to start. So much going on. So much confusion.
v
Diabetes:
#2 still has it. He is already
getting sloppy with taking his insulin.
I know that at 14 it is hard to stop and do something different than the
other kids. I realize that it can be
inconvenient. But he has to do
this. I don’t think that I can sit back
and let him face the consequences on this one.
His doctor’s had told him that diabetes medication is an art form rather
than a direct science. He has taken
that statement to a whole other level.
There are formulas to figure out how much your body needs. You have to count up how much carbs you
eat. You have to take your big bedtime
dose. A man at our church told him how
he has had Type 1 JD for over 30 years and has had to have surgery on his eyes
three different times due to not following directions. Really working on getting his attention on
this one.
v
#1:
That’s REALLY hard to say. He is
still in AZ. He is now living with/off
some guy. Still no job but he called
today and has one for next week. Our
counselor suggested that we have a memorial service for him as the son that we
once knew probably will never be back.
Can you imagine my face when he told us that? The reasoning was is that we are in constant
fear and mourning for him. He thought
it would bring some closure. I look at
the pictures of my beautiful boy. It’s
just so hard to comprehend…..
v
Boobs: Still
have boobs. Probably should go ahead and
have biopsy done instead of waiting until August appointment.
v
Marriage:
Sill married. Still making progress. Still fighting it out. Still hanging in and on. Still going to two counselors. Hub’s counselor wanted me to come with him
last time. Have to say I’m really
impressed with her. Given time, I could
see some real progress being made with her.
Our marriage counselor is good, too.
We are making progress. I just
wish this was later and that I felt more secure in our union.
v
Job: My
job ended with tax season. The last day
of packing up, reports and hosting a party almost did me in. I’m looking for a full-time job. I had an interview with the school district
yesterday for a really good job in the administration office. Just have to wait and see if we are going to
be moving. Hub’s company is in the
middle of a HUGE shakeup. New president;
new vice presidents; new territory alignments, and oh yes, 350 layoffs in field
and corporate. Rumors are
swirling. One of them being that Hub’s
position is being eliminated and restructured.
Nothing is going to be firm until May 15th but his regional
called every one of her district managers and suggested that they spend the
next two weeks looking for jobs.
Soooooooo, here we go. Hub has had
three calls from the the territory HR guy.
(One being on Sunday right after church was over. Weird!)
They have asked if he would consider another DM position and then wanted
to know if we were relocatable. (Hell to
the yes if it means a job!) Anyway, on the
last call he gave him 5 cities and asked him to rank his interest. We were getting pretty excited until we found
out that he was just gathering info to turn in to corporate. So it’s not bad news, but it’s not
necessarily the good news that we thought it was. Really scary weeks ahead. Please add us to your prayer lists
(again). We really don’t want to
leave. I feel that I am just now making
real friends. We have found good doctors
for all of our needs and especially with Connor’s new diagnosis. We like it here. But Hub is not at the best age to be out
starting a new career. Anyway, a job
with the school district could really help.
Even if it doesn’t start until July.
So much going on. So much confusion.
Later.
2 comments:
Love how you yadda yadda'd your boob issue. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it's easy to put yourself last. Go when you can. Big hugs!!
Check into JD camps for #2 this summer. I'm sure there are grants or funding that could help him get in. It seems that the older the kids are when they are diagnosed, the harder it is for them to accept, I know Camp has helped a lot of the kids we've had at school.
Good that you guys are doing counseling, so many men won't go.
Hope all works out with the jobs. After so many transfers and layoff in our life, I've always said "we go where the paycheck is."
Post a Comment