Monday, April 28, 2008

Feeling Better

Hello my two friends!

Well, I feel a little better about the sad, lost, big-eyed, drunk driver girl. Her insurance adjuster called today to get my statement. (Yes, it turns out that she had insurance after all. Whew!) Anyway, I asked him if she was still in jail. He said no, she was at home. I asked if she had anyone to help her and he said that she lives with her mother. He called her just before me to get her statement and she told him "I have never been in any trouble before." She sounded like she was crying. So-o-o-o at least she isn't sitting in a nasty, scary jail cell and I know that she does have a support system here. I guess I can go worry about someone else now. How pathetic!

I don't know about you guys, but the end of April and May just makes me nuts. It seems like there is something every single day. My son's ballgames, guitar lessons, recitals, end of school year "stuff", doctor appointments, eek!

My son was home from school sick today. (He came to our bedroom at 1 am to puke in our bathroom instead of his, thank you very much.) I thought he would be better in the morning, but he still was queasy. Then I thought he would be better in the afternoon, but he looked pale and weak. Had to cancel his orthodontist appointment. Tried to re-schedule and we were into the middle of JUNE before we could find a time without a major conflict. Finally, we backed up and they are seeing him at 8:30 a.m. the week after our trip. Then I had to contact his baseball coach to let him know that he would not be at the ballgame tonight. I'm afraid that the guy is a little ticked because we backed out of practice on Saturday to go to the inappropriate restaurant with family. I always thought it was terrible when moms over-scheduled their kids. Now I realize how easily it happens.

Been watching the weather forecast down in Mexico. So far, they are forecasting rain for the first 3 days of our vacation. Oh, well, there are always massages. My list is long of things to get done this week. I need at least a two hour Wal-Mart trip to get mosquito repellent, suntan lotion, sunburn lotion, water shoes, sunglasses that only make little lines on your face, etc. Can't wait to get there and chill in the heat!

Hope everyone has had a good day....both of you. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May is going to be a wild month for us. We have two graduations to attend (and a whole bunch of stuff to do for both), we have ortho, we have company coming...yadda yadda.

Hope the teen is feeling better soon! The only thing worse than a puking kid is a puking husband! LOL!

mom of 2 said...

Hope your son (it feels so weird calling him that) is feeling better! and I agree...April and May are jam packed full of stuff. I think we'll all be glad when it's all done!