Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gotta Love Saturday Mornings

Saturday mornings.....ahhh. Sleeping in. Lazy mornings snuggling with sweet faced kids. Really good coffee. Not at my house. Except maybe for the coffee. Why does the phone have to ring at 7am on Saturday. Then it is the sweet faced child whining about about being hungry and what's for breakfast. Hey, I fed him yesterday. What's the deal! (Don't call child protective services. I'm just kidding.)


Guess I am a little cranky this morning because I've been up most of the night with a sick Hub. Our neighbors had a party last night and he imbibed just a little (way) too much. He has had a really stressful week or two and he just "let loose". He paid dearly during the night and looks pretty tough this morning. I'm not feeling overly sympathetic at the moment. Just tired. Glad I'm not a spouse that has to do this every weekend. Just once every 5 years or so.


The party last night was to celebrate our neighbors leaving on a cruise early this morning. To me this is nuts as I am usually up all night before a trip, but it is obsessing with making sure everything is packed, the house looks good (just in case), etc. This couple is really young and have gone on a cruise at least once every year of their maybe 3 year marriage. They have a party the night before every time and do their packing at probably 4 am the day of departure. Youth is so wasted on the young!


Well, I had better get started. Today is particularly busy whether I'm ready for it or not.


I think I will go get another cup of coffee.........












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something I'd do by accident, get tanked before I was going to be on a cruise. Then I'd spend half the trip feeling lousy! LOL!