The love story that I tried to tell you about in my last blog has come not to an end, but to a new place. Jane passed away on Friday. Britt posted about an hour later that she was dancing with the angels. He has still posted a couple of times. I guess it is his own blog where he finds a little solace. Guess we can understand. Anyway, there is a lot to learn from their beautiful story. Her funeral is tomorrow. Keep him and the twins in your prayers. I'm sure the boys are scared to death that they are going to lose their dad to cancer as well.
As expected, my son was moved this week to another prison. He is now 3-1/2 hours away versus 1-1/4. Visits will be less and have to be more planned out. We have already had a letter from him. Along with asking us to send more books and some cash for his account (big surprise), he did write a beautiful letter. I'm really proud how he takes accountability for all of this and never ceases to tell us he is sorry. His letters have a lot of maturity in them for the most part. I'm sure if things had been different, I would never had so many letters from him in my life nor would I have written him so many. I guess that is the tarnished silver lining.
Saturday morning, I went to a baby shower for my nephew and his wife. This will be their second little boy. It was a really nice shower. The hostess did an amazing job. My sister came in town for it, so I got to visit with her. It was all good. She got the funniest gift though. This lady had brought her three gift bags from a boutique and each gift had something cute, useful and handmade. The third one was a set of ......Are you sitting down?...... Wee-Wee Tee-Pees!!!! There were four little cones in a bag, each about 1-1/2 inches tall. The fabric was a rock 'n roll theme with guitars and sculls and they were lined with terry cloth. For those who have only raised girls, they are to cover the little boy "wee-wees" while you change a diaper. Definitely is a good thought although a little impractical. (Who hasn't been christened by their little boy?) It was quite a fun gift though. Someone is making some big bucks sewing about 3 inches of fabric.
Saturday night we went to a going away party for our next door neighbors. It was all a bit awkward since (1) they were throwing the party for themselves;(2) there's the part about no one really thinks they are really moving anyway; and and my personal favorite (3)the house isn't sold, nor does it even have a for sale sign up. He moved to Utah 8 months ago and the family still hasn't gone up there. He seems to have a job interview here every time he comes in for a visit. We all went to the party although we collectively decided it was a waste to bring a gift. My sister suggested that we buy them moving boxes. (She has a mean streak, that one.) Hee-hee.
Well, tomorrow starts another week of job searching. Hope this is the week that something amazing opens up. I need to get us all in for doc appointments and scripts filled as insurance will be gone in a month.
Have a great week everyone!
Later.
1 comment:
I hope this week brings about good things!
Weewee teepee? Wow. I wish I'd thought of that! LOL!
Post a Comment