Today (or actually now yesterday) I have been on my bottom all day. Not in the same place but on my bottom. Ouch!
We drove this morning to see our oldest son. It's an hour fifteen each way and then we had a 2 hour visit with him. Then we drove to check out some store locations for a company that is talking to Hub about working for them. One was on the way and the other in the other direction in Dallas. He finally is having a little activity and has - at least the possibility - of some options. Thank you, Lord!
Then we had a fast food lunch (more sitting) and then took our son to the movies while we were in Dallas. (mucho more sitting) Took awhile getting home from Dallas in rush hour traffic and then had to come in and check e-mails, job boards, etc. (sitting again) And I almost forgot that the Bachelorette and then The Mole was on tonight, so-o-o-o-o Hub and I SAT in front of the TV to watch. I guess I need to stand up all day tomorrow (today).
The movie we went to see was Prince Caspian. Thought it was pretty good. Hub was so excited and so proud then my 10 year old could tell him what all the character names were and what was going on. Hub loved reading the Narnia books to the boys and it was neat to see it come alive for them.
Funny this happened tonight while we were watching the Bachelorette. My son was down the street playing with his best friend. The friend's little sis (6) came down here banging on the door. She said her parents wanted us to come over for cake. Her daddy's birthday is Tuesday and he will fly out that morning on business. We had grilled steak and shrimp at their house on Saturday night and we had gone ahead and taken him his present. (A giant bag of grilling stuff - seemed appropriate.) We were actually a little frustrated that they wanted to do this in the middle of our program, and they watch it to, but oh well. I freshened up and we walked over. The little girl opened the door and I could see through the window that the parents were on the deck watching TV. We said hi but knew something wasn't right. The little girl had come and invited us without asking and had told them just before we rang the doorbell. They were obviously relaxing in back. I'm not sure who was most embaressed. The sweet people that they were, they were getting up and running around trying to make up something special. Anyway, we appologized, they apologized and everyone was embaressed. We said hey - we wanted to watch the Bachalorette anyway and went back home.
We went home laughing and then (like I predicted) the little girl was back on our doorstep bearing cheesecake. Anyway, I thought it was a fun chapter in rasing children.
Laer.
1 comment:
I have days like that where I spend the entire day on my rump. I try to move around a bit after days like that! LOL!
That's so funny that the six year old did that! Typical of a six year old though eh?
Post a Comment