All the signs point to the fact we skipped spring and summer is here. School's are out, extra kids are in and out of the house, the days are already in the mid-90's, we've been to the water park, we are on probably our 3rd watermelon, we had to have the a/c repairman out, been bit by mosquitoes, and have tanned/peeling skin. Yep, it's summer! Eat your heart out Canadians! ;)
Our microwave went out this past weekend and my family has been lost. I hate to admit that when it stopped working, I was heating water for my morning instant cappuccino. For a minute, I panicked that I wouldn't have my morning hit. Then I remembered that MAYBE I could heat water on the stove. Imagine that. Did I ever tell you I was blond?????
Most of my today was spent trying to find a microwave that would fit in our "built-in" spot. Never dreamed this would be so hard. We wanted to save money and use the same "built-in" kit that we have. Those things are $100-200 for just a vent. To do that, I had to find a microwave of the exact same measurements. I did a lot of research on line, but didn't find much that would fit. I went out today and finally found a good oven (on sale, of course) that would be a tight, but workable fit. After I got it home, it turns out that the oven will work with the vent, but that the pieces that hold it up inside won't work. We still have to buy another installation kit. That's what I get.
Monday, we saw my 10 year old graduate from elementary school. He was just a baby when he started there. He is so big now. It has been such a good school. I will miss the teachers there and the elementary atmosphere.
After graduation, we went to see our other son in prison. One end of the spectrum to the other. Just a week ago, we had expected to go there on Monday and bring him home with us. Now it will be close to Christmas. We have followed every avenue that we can to get this re-evaluated, but we have reached dead ends everywhere. Maybe we need to visit the governor's office.... I'm really proud of my son though. He is trying really hard to remain positive and get through this. I know that he is putting on a brave face for us sometimes. We got a letter from him today and it really showed how far he's come. It was quite mature. I guess I need to take a lesson from him.
Hub had a job interview today. YEA!!! Not sure if this is the one, but it lifted his spirits so that was good. We will see what happens. This one doesn't pay as much as we are use to, but he may be happier with it. Pros and cons both ways. If he takes it, I will probably need to go back to work. YIKES! He has another lead that we both really like the company and should pay well, but it would probably mean an out-of-state move. They haven't offered it, but that would be a tough call due to our son. Anyway, I know the Lord will take care of us, but I'm just feeling weary about the whole situation.
On a much lighter note, today was that day when you wake up and know that you HAVE to have a haircut TODAY!!!!! I have been been disappointed in my haircuts the last few times and needed to find someone else. I tried to get in with a stylist a friend uses, but no go. I was just about to go to the old place when I decided to be brave. I knew there had to be a shop in a newer shopping center close to the house and decided to take a chance. Anyway, found one, went in and was greeted by the cutest guy named Scott. Now I probably have shoes older than this guy and he is so cute I'm sure he's probably gay, but this kid can shampoo. He actually did a pretty good job on the haircut and paid attention to what I wanted. We will see tomorrow when it is my turn to shampoo and dry what kind of haircut I really have. But for today.....I like my Scott.
Later.
1 comment:
Sounds like things are looking up for you!
I know your son is having a hard time and so are you with missing him and everything, try to stay positive though. My gut feeling on this is that he will turn his life around after this and do great things.
It's summer here too! Mosquitoes, sunshine and green grass! WHOOHOO!
Post a Comment