Yesterday, was a tough day. As I have said before my older son is in prison and should be getting out really soon.....we thought. About a month ago, he was granted an early release that read he would be released after June 1. We have all been thrilled with anticipation that he would be home next Monday. I called yesterday to make sure that it had been placed on the calendar and was told that it had been denied. They go over everything one more time before release and it was decided that he had not been following all the rules. We are going to make a couple of calls today and see what we can find out about the due process. I got the numbers yesterday but thought it would be better to wait a day and pull our thoughts somewhat together. We are totally crushed.
My son got to make a call last night and we had to be the ones to tell him. He hasn't got the letter yet. "According to him", this is about him being late to classes. Sounds like a minor offense to me in the scheme of things. May not be the whole situation, but what ever it is, it is keeping him from his family. We are upset with him and upset with the system. The next time they will look at his file will be November. I pray that he can hang in there. He is so depressed right now. As someone who loves him, this is really scary.
Hub was over the top depressed yesterday. Between this and the lack of activity on the job market, it is almost too much. He divided his day between crying and being mad, snappy and angry. When all of this is over, I guess it will be my turn to scream. Why is it our job to be there for everyone else. Thanks for being my sounding board.
Oh, and I have been found out. Hub came over here when I was posting on my birthday and I told him to go away and how rude it was to read over someone's shoulder. So of course, he thought I was writing to some mysterious friend things that I would not share with him. And of course, I must be poo-pooing him to my secret friend in the process. He was totally jealous and upset and said that he thought he was my best friend. (See what I live with?) Finally, I had to fess up that I had started doing this thing called blogging, and it was personal like a diary, not intended to be mean, seemingly good for me, not threatening to him, and no he could not read it because I need something just for me. Didn't go over too well until I finally printed out what I had written that day and let him read it. (Glad I wasn't mad at him that day!!! ) He seemed to feel better, but I do wonder how much time he has spent trying to find this in the computer history? He's not a big computer buff, but sometimes he surprises me. Anyway, this certainly took some of the red off of my candy cane and I may have to pull a "Roxanne" some day.
Later.
2 comments:
My husband doesn't know I blog, I don't think he does anyway. He knows I have blog friends and he knows I read a lot of blogs, but my blog is for me. Kind of like TSN, ESPN, SpikeTV is for him...
By pulling a Roxanne, do you mean:
-Freaking out on his ass?
-Moving the blog?
-Getting your own computer so he has no access to your stuff?
-Drinking a bottle of wine and THEN posting your latest blog entry?
As you can see, pulling a Roxanne could mean a lot of things. hehe.
I pray that you and your family get through this difficult time. Your son must be devastated by this news. Keep reminding him of your love and don't give up on him. He will remember this always.
I'm so sorry to hear that your son won't be getting to come home. It wouldn't have been so crushing if they hadn't changed their minds! They shouldn't get to do that!!
My hubby reads my blog and some of my family knows about it, but not all of them. It's on the semi down low. haha
Post a Comment