Saturday, May 17, 2008

Paradise




Well you asked for pictures. The first one is a picture of some of the Lagoon Villa Suites. You have a private entrance and each building contains four suites each surrounded half way with water.










Below is the view from our patio. Across was the private pool (yes I said private) for our guest level. Doesn't that sound snobby??? Actually we were in the highest level which did have its privileges. See all the little thatched roofs? The large one is the bar complete with pool service; the one on the left is our concierge; the one on the right is for the bathrooms; and all the others...those would be separate king size four-poster beds for laying around the pool and taking a nap. Doesn't that sound decadent. I'm not much of a "public" sleeper, but Hub took some nice naps there. Next is a picture of our pool area from the other direction. There were several pools - some quiet, some not - and flowers everywhere. This was a huge resort, but the walking was really good to walk off the meals.

















The bed was in the center of the room with the bathroom behind and a walk-in closet and potty room to the right. Everything was white marble and huge. Directly behind the half wall is a big, two-person Jacuzzi and then the Mayan shower was off of the back wall. We had separate vanities on either side. And if you leave a little tip under your pillow.......this is what the romance fairy leaves. By the way, those are real flowers.






This is the living area which has one of hub's favorite things. A 42" plasma. The cabinet houses the frig and a well-stocked bar. Who needs that at an all-inclusive? It's a lot more fun to go down and have some cute bartender make you up something. I discovered "Bahama Mamas". Yum!







This is what we came to visit.....the Caribbean Ocean. Notice the para-sailors. Looked beautiful but don't think I could do that. I probably would not enjoy it because of all of the screaming. Oh, that would be me!


One day we took a ferry over to the island of Cozumel. Below is a picture coming into port. There were porpoises jumping in the water coming over and I think everyone of the boat saw them but me. Hub said they were pretty and graceful.





This is Iggy. That's what I named him. He lived underneath a bridge going to the beach. This is really a zoomed in picture because this chick isn't going to get this close to an iguana. I heard there were also spider monkeys in the forest close to the ocean. We didn't see any though except for the ones in Playa del Carmen that a guy had to take your picture with. Would have loved to have seen them in their natural environment. Don't know how friendly they would have been though.



On the Wednesday, our actual anniversary, we went to the spa after breakfast. There we had massages, facials, pedicures and manicures. They took Hub and I into separate rooms and he was mad because I had a really cute masseuse. (I had told them to give him the cuter one as my present to him.) Oh, well. His was pretty too, but you could tell mine was wearing a thong underneath her white pants. That's all it took. Men! Anyway, between the soft light, candles and music, I think I fell asleep through part of it. That's embarrassing. It was just too relaxing.


We spent the afternoon at the pool and had reservations at the International Grill for dinner. Hub out did himself. He went up to the restaurant while I was getting ready and made special plans with them. The people there were amazing. When we got there, they took us out to a great table on the veranda. Our server was so sweet. We already had gotten a drink while waiting for our table. Then he brought us a Green Apple Martini and a Cosmo as a treat. Then he brought over the ice bucket of champagne and popped that. Hello-o-o-o. That makes four drinks and I usually like water or tea with dinner.


Then after an amazing dinner we were sitting at the table listening to the band playing in the courtyard. You won't believe this but they started playing the first song we ever danced to when we were dating. (Hub didn't schedule that.) He wanted to dance right there but about that time several servers came in. The first guy gave me a beautiful white lily. Then they brought a cake that they had made that said Happy Anniversary. (It was actually tasty.) Then they had a large tray with a big silver dome over it and opened it to reveal Dan's present. I felt like royalty....but it gets better. Dan bought me a pretty carved wooden box. In it was a picture of us from 25 years ago and the most beautiful love letter. He said that he would add a letter to it every year. (Now I don't have to be jealous of your journal, Chrissa. Hee, hee.)


It was perfect. After dinner, we just walked around, snuggled and talked. We didn't even go to the show that night.


OK. That's my mushy story. I will have to remember it when I am mad at him, but right now, I guess I will have to keep him.


We are back from paradise and back to reality. Yuck. But I'm not going to ruin my story with that.


Peace and love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the two of you were able to have this special time together! You totally deserve it! Congratulations!

mom of 2 said...

That sounds completely amazing!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! And now when you get mad at him, just pull out the box he gave you and read the love letter.

Thanks for sharing...the pics are gorgeous!!