I told you that I was tell you my Gino Vanelli story. I don't have too many cool stories from youth (that either I can remember or care to tell). Anyway, I think you will get a kick out of my little adventure.
I didn't go to a lot of concerts when I was young. Too young, too boring, too afraid. But I did go to a Gino Vanilli concert in the very late 70's, early 80's. He had long, curly flowing hair then. He had a hit then with "I Just Want to Stop". Anywho, my friend and I went with her older sister and her friends. Toward the end of the concert, my friend and I HAD to go potty and snuck out. Well, the first bathroom was busy, and then the next, and the next, until we had worked our way around the whole coluseum. We saw some guards and told them we needed a bathroom and they pointed out one that was close. When we came out, they were moved away from where they were guarding, and Gino was singing "I Just Want to Stop", so...........we had to. We snuck in that door and we ended up on a balcony behind stage only one level up. About that time the group came running through the curtains back stage from a bow. Of course, we hung over the edge shouting "We love you, Gino!" He tried three times to throw us some flowers he had been given but couldn't get them high enough. Then he had to go back out for a bow and we heard security coming. The big sister got on to us and said we had missed the end. Hee, hee! No we didn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment