I haven't posted in so-o-o-o-o long. I have thought about it....I have thought about things I wanted to share....I've sat down and read your blogs.....but that is as far as I've gotten. I've been a bad blogger friend.
I have really been waiting for today. I thought it would never come. It was like waiting for Christmas Day when you're a kid. It is finally here. YEA! Today was my last day of school. A two and a half month break is so very welcomed right now. I have missed my house. Looking around, I think it missed me too. :) I have so many little things that I want to accomplish around here. A few big ones, too.
It seems that the older I get, the more important time is to me. Sometimes I'm very stingy with it. I've learned to say "no" and not even feel guilty. (At least not all of the time.) There are so many things that pull on our time. All of the "have-to" things. i.e. work, kid's sports activities, laundry, LIFE issues, etc. I'm really trying to remember how important just a little "me" time is. Sometimes also a little "we" time. The other night Hub was out of town. I had the dishwasher, the washing machine and dryer all doing their thing/s while I was on the computer checking work e-mail. My son was quietly building with Legos by himself at the kitchen table. I turned around and took a look at this scenario. I turned off the computer and told my son "Get out your Uno cards. Mommy's fixing to take you on." Just what both of us needed. Mindless fun time. In case you are wondering, he actually creamed me on 4 out of 6 hands of cards. Time....priceless.
So a quick summary of what has been going on for the last month:
Went to see son - he looked better.
Attended (chaperoned)8th grade banquet - 14 year olds in 4-inch heels and semi-formals with cleavage. Oh my!
Took a weekend trip to see family - fun.
Pulled a ligament in my knee - no fun.
Had a birthday - Yikes!
Re-injured knee and spent birthday afternoon/evening having MRI & x-rays - YUCK!
Decorated Hub's new office - turned out well.
Received calls for the first time from older son's birthmother - (After 21 years, that's a story within its self.)
Went to a Women's Professional Football game - surprisingly fun.
Talked to a blog friend on the telephone - will have to do this again!
Took son to see the movie "Up" in 3D - three thumbs up!
I will probably be expounding on some of this later, but right now is "Me" time. I'm going to bed and dream of summer.
Later.
4 comments:
I agree! Loing the ME time. I walked in last night and took a long deep breath... I was home. I still have two, 4 day weeks left, but they will be a breeze without the teachers, kids and parents. We are looking forward to getting a lot of cleaning done in our office. C and I are not Pack Rats, and the place becomes the dumping ground at the end of the year. Makes us nuts. Hope you have a good weekend.
LOVING... Loving the ME time... it's early.
Every one of those items is blogworthy! I would love to hear about them. When you have time. And happy belated birthday!
Yes, happy belated B-day!
I want to hear about the birth mother. I can't wait until you have more time! :o)
Post a Comment