- Our buyers are still calling wanting to close on the 13th. Today's the 8th. Now they have figured out that they will lose their locked in rate if they don't. Should of thought of that before. Anyway, house is closing early. We're not moving early. All is well.
- I have been trying to get the moving company to hold off delivery until after the weekend. We have some painting we wanted to do and have done before the furniture was in. Found out that the painter our realtor recommended said that it would be at least $2000-$3000. That is just for 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and the loft. No way, Jose. The movers can't hold off and are delivering on Friday. Oh, well. At least the main areas of the house were just done. We will get it done room by room.
- I called the Chamber of Commerce to get who all the utility numbers for the city. Lady was really nice and gave me a full page worth of numbers.
- Found out today that our new home is not in the city limits. You would think we would have known that, but no. Our address is one town, our school district is another, and we are somewhere out there. Big surprise! I found that out when I called the city to start services. After much talk and looking, she came up that we had no services with them. She said that they use to handle the sewer but they turned it over to the water co-op. She said that people in the trailer park would come in and not sign up to pay and they couldn't track them. Think about it. (Insert giggle here.)
- Found out that there is no trash/garbage services except for independent contractors. She gave me several names and numbers. Found another one on our disclosure papers. Can you imagine all of the trucks coming up and down the streets? I'm going to wait on this one until we are there and can get the "dirt" (pun intended) from the neighbors about who to use.
- Called the gas company to start service. Got the good news that you have to come to the office in person to get it started. The ONLY way to do it. She finally looked it up and said that she didn't show service to that address anyway. We have an all electric home. Didn't know that they still built those. Another thing we should of checked. Should have asked for the electric bill averages. I can only pray now.
- Called the electric company and got the same thing that I had to be there in person to get service. I asked about doing anything online or by fax. The lady said "Look, we are not in the 20th century here. You have to come in and we don't take cards. Bring cash or a check." I told her we were driving in from Texas one day and the furniture would be here the next morning. I really needed electricity and asked if there was any other way. She checked and the current owners have not put in a disconnect so she is going to write herself a note not to turn it off and just transfer it to us. She will even let me wait until Monday morning to come in to her office. Gotta love this lady. I just get a picture of Carol Burnett as Eunice.
Didn't get to the rest of the utilities today. I wanted to leave some entertainment for tomorrow. Can't wait to call the water and sewer people!
All I want to know now is .........WHERE IN THE HELL AM I MOVING TO? Green Acres? :)
Later.
3 comments:
Sounds like you are moving to Peaceful Town! LOL! We're not in the 20th Century either! I've used more cheques in the three years I've lived here than I did in the 12 years I lived in the city. It takes some getting used to but you'll love the quieter life.
I have owned ONE house in all my life. We are slowly fixing it up to sell whenever the economy recovers enough that people will want to finance homeowners again (hoping that's next year). I do NOT look forward to all the stuff we're going to have to go through to clean this house out. Yikes. (I'm married to a pack rat.)
Good luck, honey!
Sounds like where we lived in Okla... and it was just like Green Acres, pet pigs and all. I loved it.
Post a Comment