There is something about small towns that can be so fun. We went to the high school football game on Friday night. Perfect football weather. Cool and crisp. The stands were full. People support the kids here. They have fun traditions. Here after every home team touchdown, the cheerleaders drop on the track and do as many push ups as the score. Poor girls. The score Friday night was 45-35. I'm sure those girls were exhausted.
This also game me another chapter in "Only in Arkansas". The sports announcer started talking about "Cow Chip Bingo". HUH? New one for me! The guy next to me was surprised that I didn't know what this was. (Go figure!) So anyway, you buy a square on a scoreboard. I have no idea how many there are, but I imagine there are quite a few. Then they take the baseball field and grid it off in corresponding squares. Next is the great part! They bring in a COW and let him loose on the field. The owner of the square where the cow makes poo (moo-poo, I guess) will be the winner of $1500. I kid you not. He says that the announcer will give updates during the game ie. "No winner yet." "The cow hasn't gone yet." Isn't that hysterical? Only in Arkansas!
Later.
4 comments:
I've HEARD of cow-plop bingo! That's funny!
I bet those girls are in great shape!
I don't know if our girly cheerleaders could do that. I can't believe you never heard of Cow S#!T Bingo! What part of Texas are you from? Not the rural part huh?
YOU'RE BOTH KIDDING! You know what it is? I'm so surprised. I was totally raised in Texas but I tried to stay away from cows and especially "moo-doo". Okay.
Arkansas 1 Cathy 0
Gosh yes! Where I was raised we had a whole weekend dedicated to the Bovine. With not just bingo, but chunkin' contests, art and sculpture displays and even the food looked like it.
Post a Comment