My friend is a beautiful woman. Will she lose the eyes that have such a beautiful vision of the world? No. Will she lose the ears that listen to others wanting to understand their position? Seriously? She's not a squeeze toy that the eyes pop out when the pressure is on. She's a woman.


Will she lose her sense of humor? Probably some days. She is such a positive person, that I don't expect it to be many. Besides, she has a host of strange friends to keep her smiling. How can you not smile. We love her. Besides, she's a woman. That's what she does.
Will she lose that beautiful "longer" hair? 'Fraid so. But you know, I hear bald is the new black. (Boy was that lame! Sorry.) Anyway, scarves are totally chic now days and wow is there a beautiful selection. Don't forget wigs! Black women have rocked them for years. You can always go check out the Kim Zolciak line of wigs. (If you don't know who that is, check out the "Real Housewives of Atlanta". Just don't copy her boob job. Please!) Personally, I have always loved seeing women just go au naturelle with their heads though. They look beautiful and strong and free. Besides, bald is beautiful. Why should only the men get the good stuff. Bald IS beautiful. Recognize this beautiful head?
Will she lose a breast? Yep. A friend of mine has a t-shirt that says "Save the Ta-Ta's". Wonder if we could find one that reads "Save the Ta-Ta"? I'm just talking out loud here. Boobs are so over rated. For goodness sake. You also call a stupid person a "boob". Have you ever been running on the beach and have those things bouncing up and down? Me neither, but I bet it hurts. I have sat in the massage chair while getting a pedicure and looked down to see the glands shaking like Jello. Not attractive.
Anywho, this woman is a hero. Not because she has cancer right now. That part sucks. But because she is smart, strong, healthy and a spitfire. She will soon be past this and encouraging and helping other women on this journey. She's a Christian, wife, mother, daughter, sister and faithful friend. Yep, my friend has cancer. But that doesn't define her.
Later.

4 comments:
Our friend will get through this and onto all the other important stuff she needs to get to in this fabulous life of hers! She's a busy girl with a job to do...get well and carry on!
I wonder if I could pull the bald look off again? I should try it. After all, it's toque season again up here. :~[
My sister-in-law is preparing for her 2nd chemo treatment.... I hope I can be as strong if I get sick.
jo - I pray she does as well as she did with the first one.
You are so sweet and such an encourager! Yeah, it's time to check out headgear fashions. This short hair is not going to last long.
It's likely that I will have both breasts removed, due to the kind of cancer I have. No sweat: I'll finally get back those perky Cs I had before children. (Yeah, running with my DD breasts in my hands has never been fun.)
I'm on a rollercoaster of highs and lows, and the highs are getting higher and longer now. Physical feelings change by the hour practically; that's odd. I have managed five meals in a row, so I think I'm clear until next time, two Mondays from now.
Those who are inclined to pray: the hardest part is Monday night. Send up your pleas for strength and healing. I have all the comfort I need from friends like you and God's loving embrace. Thank you.
Post a Comment