Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bad Examples

Well, last night's blog just goes to show you what a good margarita can do for you. Obviously, it makes me totally stupid and painfully boring.

Last night we took a little much needed family time and took our 10 year old out to teach him a bad lesson. We didn't intentionally go out to teach him this but none the less, that is what we did. We wanted to go to a movie and considering the finances these days, chose to go to the "between 4-6 pm cheap time" showing. Friday was a really busy day (the game room FINALLY was painted red) and Hub and I were churning out chores to the last minute. We were late to the movie, missed the previews and probably 5-10 minutes of the movie. We went to see "Hancock" with Wil Smith which by the way gets a thumbs up from our family. We were leaving and Hub says "It seems like we weren't even in there very long." We weren't, Goober, we were late. Anyway, I blame it totally on him, but he says "Let's go see another movie." Not that he meant going out and buying another ticket. You know what he meant and hence the bad lesson for Jr. I was really rather taken back by his proposition and the mother sensor was weighing hard on me. We are walking down the hall and Batman of course is sold out. We would surely get caught in there. At the end there was a movie just starting. "Space Chimps"! I guess we had it coming that the movie that we could slip into and not get caught was the lame one. Anyway, I guess everyone sneaks into movies at one time or another and I guess he might as well do it with his parents. If we get caught, who are they going to call? Our parents? Good luck with that one!

Now for the good news and the bad news. Hub was told on Friday that one of the companies will be making him an offer on Monday. Yea!!! It is not one of the ones that he was really hoping for, yet is is a good major company and he really likes the guy that would be his boss. It could lead up to bigger and better, but for right now he will be working his butt off and he was already told that they cannot come up to the financials that we are used to. We don't know what the offer will be, but it sounds like Mommy needs a job. He still has some other things that are still working and he is going to see if they go anywhere, but right now at least he will be working. Just when I get use to having him around..... :)

Later.

P.S. No one even commented about how cute my furbabies are!!! :(

1 comment:

Rox said...

LOL On the life of crime! That's cute!

Was Space Chimps good because I really want to see it!

And I thought it went without saying that the furbabies are cute!