Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Boys and stuff.....

I haven't been very inspired about writing lately. I don't know how you guys keep making the daily "stuff" you do really interesting to read about. You know how it is more interesting to help a friend bring in their groceries than it is to bring in your own?

Anyway, I just have the foreboding feeling that change is soon. Just enough to keep me uneasy. Hub seems to be close to a job. YEA!!! In fact, he ended up with 4 phone interviews today and each of the companies want to go forward with him. Where were they 3 months ago? One told him that he had 120 people apply for the position and he had narrowed it down to 7 including Hub. One company has already had him go to a lab and do drug testing. That job sounds almost too good to be true, but it would require quite a bit of travel. Actually after being together so much for the last few months, that may not be a bad thing. :0 I just feel the need to know what happens next.

I made a trip to the home improvement store today and bought red paint. (Hub rightfully gets nervous when I go there.) We need to re-do the gameroom before Hub does get a job and leaves me with all of these bookshelves to move by myself. (Yes Roxanne, I'm a wimp, but a smart one!) We are also going to use the same color, different texture, to redo an old bed from my in-laws for my son. It's a neat 4 poster twin that Hub was going to refinish for him. He got it stripped and found out that it was dark, dark wood and the rest of the furniture in there is medium. So we decided to paint it red and then do some antiquing on top of that with black. I bet my in-laws are sitting up in their graves at the thought of us painting and not staining. Just seems like the thing to do.

We made the trip to see our son in prison this weekend. It is an all day affair now that he has been moved. He was surprised, but it really left us sad. He was mouthing off like he had not learned a thing while he has been there. There is such a fine line between doing what you need to do to survive and not being changed and merging into your environment. This place had several different rules for visits and it seemed like the whole time we were there that we were told that we were doing something against the rules. They say that the rules are all the same, but they are not interpreted and enforced the same. Really confusing. We even had to leave and go buy me a t-shirt to put on. I had on capri pants with a nice sleeveless, high necked top. According to them, my top constituted a tank top because there were no sleeves. A tank top??? This was actually the top to a fairly dressy set. Anyway, now we know.

It seems like my 10 year old has discovered girls. Out of the blue (to us), he was sneaking around yesterday calling a girl from his class. One time they talked for 45 minutes which is forever for him. He didn't want to admit it at first. He said he was calling one of his friends and got her number by mistake. Right! He has been so cute. She invited him over today and he went swimming at her house. It was strange to me though because in the first grade, he crazy about her twin sister. (Yes, Chrissa.) Anyway, I have Hub under a death threat if he teases him. Boys are so funny and can be so awkward. I'm sure this is the first - or maybe second - of many crushes. Lord help us!

Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not a wimp dear, I'm just a control freak! LOL! I do my best work when I'm angry and alone, I have the strength of ten women then!

That's awesome about hub having so many things lined up. Persistence pays!

Was your older son mouthing off at you guys? He's probably just under so much pressure. I hope that when he returns to you, he comes back wiser.

And don't talk to me about little girls and little boys...OY! lol!