Monday, August 9, 2010

Gratitude

I have got to learn to be more gratitude. Sometimes it is hard to get out of my own little drama to see really fun, good things going on around me. I've been having a pretty blah day, and out of the blue I get a phone call from the Vietnamese lady who used to do my nails. We became friends by "holding hands" through the years and she just found my number and decided to call and see how we were doing. Isn't that the best? Wish she was here. She gave the best mani-pedis.

Anyway, as an exercise for me, I'm going to list a few good things.
  • My son has had the neighbor boys over today. For awhile, they were playing hide-n-seek. I love to see them playing really basic, non-electronic games.
  • I met some more neighbors while outside last night. Really fun. I'm going to enjoy them.
  • I saw several flocks of geese flying over. I love geese.
  • We had both of our sons at church with us yesterday.
  • I have barbecue ribs cooking for tonight. Yum!
  • I only have one more room and one more closet that really need attention to be truly settled. (The garage is another story, but it's hub's story.)
  • We received a beautiful plant from our realtor Saturday. Always good to see a florist at your door.
  • I found out today that interviews have not started for the job I want. I still have a chance. (It's part-time. Sh-h-h-h. Don't tell Hub.)

Well, that's a start for today. While I was typing this, I had to stop to baste the ribs. The handle fell off of the oven. Oh, well! ;)

Later.

2 comments:

mom of 2 said...

I'm happy to see a happy post! Hope you get the job you want!! :)

judith said...

Love the new look of the page! I try to start every new school year (that is the beginning of the year for us school-types) with a new little Gratitude Notebook. Every night I list 3 things I'm grateful for, if I'm on a roll I'll list more. I even list things I want to be grateful for... you know, just put it out there in the universe.

Hey, those part-time jobs can work into a full time job pretty quick, the same as volunteering... so don't stress it.