Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tomorrow

  • Tomorrow, my son starts school for the first time in a new state. My normally shy son is excited. Ready for a new adventure. I asked him if he had laid out some clothes to wear. He said "Why?" Definitely not raising a girl here.
  • Tomorrow, my son starts the 7th grade. Wasn't it just last year that he was looking at me with desperate eyes as I was leaving him in his kindergarten class? I thought he was going to bolt.
  • Tomorrow, he will meet his football coach. He has played league ball before, but playing for a school is different. Soon it will be high school ball and hopefully college. What about his T-ball? I loved it when he played T-ball. Can't he still just play T-ball?
  • In about six weeks, my son turns into a teenager. A TEENAGER! Are you kidding me? He has already started getting some of the teenager attitude. The eyes are rolling and he is mortified if I say anything to one of his friends. (OK. The last part is a little fun.) Hub heard that in this state you can get a driver's license at 14. Nuts!

I guess I am just missing my baby. His beautiful blue eyes are still there, but the white blonde locks have turned dark and he won't let me comb it anymore. Those little toes that I use to kiss....not kissing those big feet. Instead of looking down and reaching for him, I'm looking him straight in the eye. Soon I will be looking up. The little boy that depended on me for life is starting to find his own way. He will do well. He's a good boy. I look forward to see all the places he will go.

  • Tomorrow, I become a different kind of mother. A middle school mother to my last child. It's suppose to be this way. Why does it make me a little sad? Oh, Lord, what will I do when he goes off to college?

Later.

3 comments:

rox said...

My baby is going into grade 10 in a few weeks. It's mind blowing! Stay strong, chickie! It will all be okay. Next stop, Grandies!

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

Grandie! Can you hear me screaming up there? My step-daughter doesn't want children, but at least in a steady relationship. My older son, please. Although I think he's trying to impregnate anyone that will let him. :( My 12 year old is probably more ready to parent than either of them....and we just won't go there.

I don't know why I am complaining to you about changes. :)

judith said...

My baby is almost 25 and trying to decide if he wants to buy a house of go off to spend the Winter in Baja Mexico laying on the beach.