Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Bowl of Cherries

Are you guys proud of me or what? I'm really getting this blogging thing down.....sort of. Embarrassing disclosure: I looked back at my profile and saw that it was being checked out. So I looked at it again later and someone else had looked. I thought WOW. People are checking me out. No one told me that it was going to count the times I looked at it! I'm such a vain goober. It was just me. Hee, hee!

Still nothing on the job front. Hub had kind of shut down thinking that this job was inevitable. Haven't heard a thing. He was really depressed yesterday and somewhat today. I'll be gone tomorrow to my little "mental health job". He has a harder time when I'm not hear to bug him and give him honey-do jobs.

One week from today is our 25th. An anniversary with a name....Silver. Wow that sounds weird. I don't have anything for Hub besides a card. Our trip is certainly enough, but I wish I had a little special something, something to give him commemorate the event.

I did some mega trip shopping yesterday afternoon. It is amazing how much you can rack up in travel stuff. I needed to pick up some shorts, etc. for Hub and I. Then my 10 year old has outgrown everything from last year and it is getting shorts weather for him too. Half the time he looks like an orphan because he picks out his own clothes. I will have to match him up some things for next week while he is staying with friends.

I had Hub pull out the suitcases today. That is where I truly stress out is in packing. I over-think everything especially when I am sending my son somewhere else. With all the airline regulations now, it is even tougher. I heard that on May 14 they will start charging for a second bag. So glad we are travelling earlier.

Rox, I checked out the blog of the girl that sent you the package. (Tee) Really interesting gal. Where do you come up with all these people?

Well enough of my mundane life. Like my FIL use to say, "Life is just a bowl of cherries and a cracked bowl at that". I have no idea what that means but somehow it seemed appropriate.

Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vain goober!! OMG I laughed so hard!

The card? It's all in the presentation, baby! A strategically placed bow can do wonders!

I find bloggers by the comments on others blogs. There's about 50 or so that I read regularly. I have a lot of free time though...lol!

mom of 2 said...

I hope you guys have a fabulous trip! I'll think of you guys hanging out on the beach!

I hope your hub finds a job soon. I would imagine it would be pretty stressful for him. I hope he can leave it all behind and have a great vacation!